LATEST: Two men taken to hospital following collision on Cork's Patrick Street 

The road has now re-opened to traffic. 
LATEST: Two men taken to hospital following collision on Cork's Patrick Street 

Cork city centre closed to traffic on Friday as emergency services dealt with a crash on Patrick Street. Picture Chani Anderson

LATEST 

Two men, aged in their 70s and 80s,  have been taken to hospital following a collision in Cork city this morning. 

The incident happened on Patrick Street at around 10.30am when a car collided with two stationary vans.

A garda spokesperson said the men were taken to hospital for the treatment of minor injuries. 

The road was closed for a period this morning. 

Gardaí have advised that it has since re-opened to traffic. 

"Gardaí and emergency services attended the scene of a road traffic collision on Patrick's Street in Cork City this morning, Friday 16th February 2024.

"The incident occurred at approximately 10:30am when a car collided with two stationary vans.

"The driver of the car, a male in his 70s, and a passenger in the same vehicle, a male in his 80s, were conveyed to Cork University Hospital for treatment of minor injuries.

"The road, which had been closed for a period of time, has since reopened to traffic," a spokesperson said. 

EARLIER

Cork's Patrick Street is currently closed to traffic following an incident.

Emergency services are currently at the scene following a road traffic collision. 

The incident, involving a car and a van, happened at around 10.30am this morning. 

A garda spokesperson said that the road is closed to traffic. 

"No further information is available at this time," the spokesperson added. 

Cork City Fire Brigade said on X, the platform formerly known as Twitter, that crews from Anglesea Street and Ballyvolane are currently dealing with the collision. 

They urged motorists to avoid the area. 

More in this section

Case of North Cork woman (87) on charge of careless driving causing death is adjourned to June Case of North Cork woman (87) on charge of careless driving causing death is adjourned to June
Overnight water supply disruption warning for parts of Cork city’s northside Overnight water supply disruption warning for parts of Cork city’s northside
Drone delivery firm piloting Cork service refutes online claim it is moving operations to US Drone delivery firm piloting Cork service refutes online claim it is moving operations to US

Sponsored Content

City Tiles and Bathrooms: Latest trends and timeless colours City Tiles and Bathrooms: Latest trends and timeless colours
Step into nature during National Biodiversity Week Step into nature during National Biodiversity Week
55 years of Cork Simon Soup Run: The light that has never gone out 55 years of Cork Simon Soup Run: The light that has never gone out
Contact Us Cookie Policy Privacy Policy Terms and Conditions

© Examiner Echo Group Limited

Add Echolive.ie to your home screen - easy access to Cork news, views, sport and more