"These raspberry almond blondies are just delicious," says Mercy Fenton in her weekly column.
"They are moist, buttery and full of almond flavour. With the benefit of being gluten-free, they are simple to make and they keep well for a day or two... if they last that long. It’s hard not to love them."
250gr unsalted butter, melted and cooled.
125gr granulated sugar
125gr soft light brown sugar
3 Medium free range eggs
1 tsp almond extract
160gr gluten-free flour (sieved)
1 tbsp cornflour (gluten free)
150gr white chocolate chips
100gr raspberry jam
100gr whole frozen rhubarb
30gr flaked Almonds
- Preheat your oven to 180C.
- Line a 9x9” square tin with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, add your melted butter and sugars and beat till smooth.
- Add in the eggs and almond extract and beat again till smooth.
- Next add in the flour, ground almonds and corn flour and fold in gently, until a thick blondie mixture is made - it will be ready in a few minutes.
- Add in the chocolate chips, and then scrape the mixture into the tin, and spread.
- Dollop on the jam, and lightly swirl through the blondie mixture.
- Then scatter on the frozen almonds.
- Sprinkle over the flaked almonds
- Bake the vlondies in the oven for 30 minutes, or until there is an ever so slight wobble in the middle.
- Leave the blondies to cool in the tin.
- Before cutting, chill to completely set, once portioned they can be left to return to room temperature before serving.
- They will have moist fudgy texture, and are delicious on their own or served with ice cream or cream.