Detectives investigating South Belfast death name victim

A man who died following an incident in Belfast last week has been named as Ahmed Abdi, 33.
Detectives investigating South Belfast death name victim

By Bairbre Holmes, Press Association

A man killed in South Belfast on February 11th has been named as Ahmed Abdi.

The PSNI launched a murder investigation after the 33-year-old died following an incident in the Cromwell Road area.

Police said officers attended following the report of a “concern for safety”.

Mr Abdi was taken to the hospital by the ambulance service, where he later died.

Detective Inspector Jack Kelly, from the Police Service’s Major Investigation Team, said: “My thoughts are with Ahmed’s family at this difficult time, as they try to come to terms with their loss.”

On Saturday, a 32-year-old man appeared before Belfast Magistrates’ Court charged with Mr Abdi’s murder.

Isaac Koko, with an address in Cromwell Road in the south of the city, was remanded in custody ahead of the next court appearance.

The case is next due to be mentioned on Tuesday, March 10th.

More in this section

Woman had to eat and drink through straw for months after attack Woman had to eat and drink through straw for months after attack
Limerick mayor in ‘catch-22 situation’ with role which needs clarity Limerick mayor in ‘catch-22 situation’ with role which needs clarity
Ex-officer questioned over urgency of police tunnel search for Noah Donohoe Ex-officer questioned over urgency of police tunnel search for Noah Donohoe

Sponsored Content

Charity places available for Cork City Marathon Charity places available for Cork City Marathon
Turning risk into reward: Top business risks in 2026 Turning risk into reward: Top business risks in 2026
Top tips to protect Ireland's plant health Top tips to protect Ireland's plant health
Contact Us Cookie Policy Privacy Policy Terms and Conditions

© Examiner Echo Group Limited

Add Echolive.ie to your home screen - easy access to Cork news, views, sport and more