Boots pharmacies in Cork, and across the country, are offering the winter flu job this autumn, as well as a flu and covid-19 jab combo service.
This year, there is the option to book an appointment to get a flu and Covid-19 vaccination together at the same appointment.
There are a number of new services available to help people combat winter illness.
- Winter Flu Vaccination Service for adults aged 18 and above Winter
- Flu Nasal Vaccination Service for children aged 2 – 17 years
- Covid-19 Vaccination Service for children and adults aged 12 years and above
- Winter Flu Plus Covid-19 Vaccination Service for adults aged 18 years and above
The pharmacy has stipulated that to avail of the vaccinations, customers will need to be eligible for each vaccine with no clinical contradictions.
The flu vaccination service is free of charge for persons for whom vaccination is recommended by the HSE such as those over the age of 65 or anyone over the age of 18 within at-risk groups, otherwise there is a charge of €30.
There will be no charge for Covid-19 vaccinations and patients are welcome to attend for their first dose of Covid vaccination or any subsequent doses indicated including boosters in line with HSE eligibility criteria.
The covid and flu jabs are available at the following Cork pharmacies.
- Mahon Point S.C. Mahon Point,
- Cork 26/26 Main Street, Midleton,
- Cork Living Health, Fermoy Road,
- Mitchelstown, Co. Cork 37-39
- Wilton Centre, Cork
- Merchants Quay S.C. Cork 71
- Patrick Street, Cork
- Blackpool Retail Park, Blackpool,
- Cork Fairgreen Plaza, Macroom, Co. Cork
- 108 Davis Street, Mallow, Co. Cork
- 12 South Main Street, Bandon,
- Cork Unit 7, Owenabue Mall, Carrigaline, Co.Cork
- Exchange House, Main St. Ballincollig, Co. cork
- Douglas Court Shopping Centre, Douglas, Cork
Commenting at the launch of the service, Caoimhe McAuley, Director of Pharmacy and Superintendent Pharmacist at Boots said, “This year, we are delighted to be able to offer our customers vaccinations against both flu and COVID-19. We know that these viruses are easily transmitted through the winter season and that being vaccinated is the best way of reducing your chances of being infected with or suffering from complications that can arise from either. We also know that vaccinations should reduce the spread within the community. Our online booking system makes it convenient for customers and will minimise waiting times where possible”.
Boots Ireland is a leading pharmacy-led health and beauty retailer with 92 Boots stores and just over 2,300 employees.
To book an appointment, go to their website.