ONE thing many people are missing since the Covid-19 lockdown is the chance to avail of a tasty Chinese takeaway.
For the dressing
2 tbsp dark soy sauce
2 tsp sesame oil (optional) or olive oil
2 tsp Mirin or a good squeeze of lime juice
2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
For the rice:
2tbsp olive or sunflower oil
2 leeks, trimmed, rinsed and finely sliced
1 large fresh green, red or yellow pepper
1 fat finger fresh rootginger, grated
1 small red chilli, seeded and finely chopped
350g cooked basmati rice
75g frozen peas
4 thin slices salami, finely shredded
2 large fresh free range eggs
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- First make the dressing. Mix soy, sesame oil, mirin or lime juice and sweet chilli sauce in a bowl.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan and fry leeks, pepper, ginger and chilli over low heat till soft and beginning to brown lightly.
- Stir in the cooked rice, peas and salami. Stir fry till everything is heated through.
- Beat eggs together and pour into the rice mix. Stir through, allowing the eggs to cook softly in the rice.
- Pour over half the dressing and stir through. Season with freshly ground black pepper and salt if necessary.
- Spoon onto warm plates. Drip a little sauce around each plate to serve.