1. Between winning the Cork SFC in 1985 and 2018, how many finals did St Finbarr’s lose?
2. In which European city is Estádio da Luz?
3. Which South African rugby player set a world record of five drop goals in an international in the 1999 Rugby World Cup quarter-final win over England?
4. What is the name of the cricket team that uses Cork’s Richard Beamish Cricket Grounds as its home venue for the Inter-Provincial Twenty20 Cup?
5. Who is the last golfer to win back-to-back Open Championships?
6. Which footballer captained teams to win the English league title in three different decades?
7. In how many successive World Rowing Championships has Skibbereen’s Paul O’Donovan won a gold medal?
8. At which racecourse is the Irish Derby run?
9. When rugby league’s Super League began in 1996, which was the only non-English team? (Clue: they are more renowned as a football club)
10. Prior to Imokilly winning three Cork SHC titles from 2017-19, which was the last team to record a three-in-a-row?
11. Peter O’Mahony captained the British & Irish Lions on his test debut in 2017, but who was the official captain for that tour?
12. With which North American Soccer League team did Pelé and Franz Beckenbauer play?
13. Which Cork golfer finished third in the 1998 Irish Open at Druids Glen?
14. Two of the last three winners of the men’s marathon at the Olympic Games have been from which country?
15. Which American basketball team has won the most NBA Championships?
16. What shirt number does veteran Cork City defender Alan Bennett wear?
17. When was the last drawn All-Ireland football final before 2019?
18. At the 2002 Winter Olympics in Salt Lake City, Clifton Wrottesley secured Ireland’s best-ever result by finishing in fourth place in which event – skeleton, bobsleigh or ski jump?
19. Which Canadian teenage tennis player beat Serena Williams in the final of the 2019 US Open?
20. Which Cypriot side did Cork City beat in the 2006-07 Champions League qualifying round?
21. In which county is there a hurling club called Emeralds?
22. How many Formula 1 Drivers’ World Championships did Michael Schumacher win?
23. In which American state is Villanova University, where Sonia O’Sullivan attended after winning an athletics scholarship?
24. Which was the last Dublin club to win the League of Ireland Premier Division?
25. Which Waterford driver is the current holder of the Irish Tarmac Rally Championship?
26. What is the name of the biennial team golf competition contested between the USA and golfers from Africa, Asia and Oceania?
27. Which Clare player scored the equalising point in the 2013 All-Ireland hurling final to deny Cork victory?
28. What was the name of Southampton’s home ground before the club moved to St Mary’s Stadium in 2001?
29. Two-time Super Bowl-winning quarterback Ben Roethlisberger plays for which NFL side?
30. In Rocky IV, what is the name of the Soviet fighter, played by Dolph Lundgren, that Rocky Balboa fights?
31. Cork-born Republic of Ireland international Alan Browne plays for which English club?
32. Who wrote the song Ireland’s Call, which is used as an anthem for the Irish rugby, hockey and cricket teams?
33. While the original Páirc Uí Chaoimh was being built in the 1970s, where were Cork county senior hurling and football finals played?
34. Cork footballer James Loughrey is a native of which county?
35. In which New Zealand city are the rugby side The Hurricanes based?
36. For which club did Bobby Moore play in the 1976 FA Cup final against West Ham United?
37. Which Cork native was the top scorer in the 1991 Rugby World Cup?
38. With which sport would you associate The Green Monster?
39. Which was the last horse to win three successive Cheltenham Gold Cups?
40. At which weight division has Cork boxer Gary ‘Spike’ O’Sullivan won WBO titles?
1. Eight – 1986, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1993, 2009, 2010 and 2017
2. Lisbon (Stadium of Light)
3. Jannie de Beer
4. Munster Reds
5. Pádraig Harrington, in 2007 and 2008
6. Tony Adams, who skippered Arsenal to the old first division in 1989 and 1991 and the Premier League in 1998 and 2002
7. Four – lightweight single sculls in 2016 and 2017 and lightweight double sculls in 2018 and 2019
8. The Curragh
9. Paris Saint-Germain
10. Barrs, from 1980-82
11. Sam Warburton
12. New York Cosmos
13. John McHenry
14. Kenya – Samuel Wanjiru in 2008 and Eliud Kipchoge in 2016
15. Boston Celtics, with 17 titles
17. 2016, when Dublin beat Mayo after a replay
19. Bianca Andreescu
20. Apollon Limassol
21. Kilkenny, based in Urlingford
24. St Patrick’s Athletic in 2013
25. Craig Breen
26. The President’s Cup
27. Domhnall O’Donovan
28. The Dell
29. Pittsburgh Steelers
30. Ivan Drago
31. Preston North End
32. Phil Coulter
33. The Mardyke
37. Ralph Keyes
38. Baseball – it’s the nickname for the left field wall at Fenway Park, the home of the Boston Red Sox
39. Best Mate in 2002, 2003 and 2004