Organisers of Cork’s Feis say they are hoping to resume activities next month after their plans to restart the festival were again put on hold.
The Feis was suspended last March in response to the Covid-19 pandemic, and while it had been hoped to resume the festival this month, the move to Level 3 of the Living with Covid-19 plan means this is not possible.
In a statement, organisers said that they are hopeful however that the Feis can resume in November.
“Sadly following the announcement by the Taoiseach on Monday, the introduction of Level 3 has meant that our plans to resume Feis activities this month have again to be suspended. We are so disappointed. We have put much time, effort and resources into preparing the Father Mathew Hall and the schedule so that they are compliant with the current COVID-19 protocols.
"We are also very aware that performers and teachers have been working hard on preparing for the event and were so much looking forward to their day at the Feis. We are very sorry about this,” the statement said.
It added: “We propose to resume the Feis in mid-November. We hope that this slight delay will not cause too much upset and we hope that our performers continue with your preparations in a happy and positive way.”
Organisers say they have now contacted all performers and teachers on the matter.