A red over yellow flag means the lifeguards are on duty. Swim between the red and yellow flags parallel to the shore as this is the area that the lifeguards are patrolling.
A red flag indicates that swimming is not advised.
Black and white chequered flags mark the area for surfing only.
1. Don’t swim alone
2. Don’t swim just after eating
3. Don’t swim when you are hot and tired
4. Don’t swim in strange places
5. Don’t swim out after anything drifting
6. Don’t stay in the water for too long
7. Don’t swim out to sea
8. Swim parallel and close to the shore
9. Do what the lifeguard tells you.
10. Never use inflatables or air mattresses on the water
11. Pay attention to signs on the beach
12. Don’t be a bully in the water
13. Learn to use equipment before trying it out
14. Learn Basic Life Support.