MANY parents have told their child a white lie or two, usually with the best of intentions.
1. Eating carrots will help you see in the dark (43% - although, to be fair, there is some truth to this, actually!)
2. Santa has a naughty list, so you have to be on your best behaviour (38%)
3. Yes, we are nearly there (38%)
4. If you don’t go to sleep soon, the tooth fairy won’t come (28%)
5. Santa is watching you at all times (28%)
6. If you watch TV all day, your eyes will swell up/go square (25%)
7. You won’t like it (21%)
8. The ice cream van playing a tune means they’ve run out of ice cream (11%)
9. Cutting your hair makes it grow quicker (9%)
10. We can’t play this game as the computer/iPad is broken (8%)
11. If you don’t finish your dinner, Santa won’t visit this year (7%)
12. If you eat any fruit seeds, the fruit will start growing in your body (7%)
1. Are we nearly there yet?
2. Will you read me a story?
3. Why do I have to go to bed?
4. How come they’re allowed that and I’m not?
5. What’s the time?
6. Why do I have to go to school?
7. Why can’t I stay up as late as you do?
8. Can I play on the phone/tablet?
9. Why do I need to eat my vegetables?
10. Where do babies come from?