portal_normal PUBLICATION STRUCTURE cat: /publications/bn-breakingnews/sport/national


portal_normal STRUCTURE section: nationalsport

portal_normal getURLCurrent: /web/eveningecho/nationalsport/detailedstory?p_p_id=DetailedStory_WAR_portalsuite&p_p_lifecycle=0&_DetailedStory_WAR_portalsuite_arg_detailstory_uuid=4e336ed4-f5dd-4d42-8394-533e9c5e3b9c

portal_normal getPortalURL getURLCurrent: http://www.echolive.ie./web/eveningecho/nationalsport/detailedstory?p_p_id=DetailedStory_WAR_portalsuite&p_p_lifecycle=0&_DetailedStory_WAR_portalsuite_arg_detailstory_uuid=4e336ed4-f5dd-4d42-8394-533e9c5e3b9c

portal_normal getPortalURL: http://www.echolive.ie

portal_normal domain: http://www.echolive.ie

STRUCTURE EE_062016_general_layout.tpl - url: /nationalsport/Jared-Rossers-first-half-hat-trick-in-vain-as-Zebre-slay-Dragons-4e336ed4-f5dd-4d42-8394-533e9c5e3b9c-ds

STRUCTURE EE_062016_general_layout.tpl - section: nationalsport

STRUCTURE EE_062016_general_layout.tpl - orgcat: orgcat = /PUBLICATIONS/BN-BREAKINGNEWS/SPORT/National


Jared Rosser's first-half hat-trick in vain as Zebre slay Dragons

Jared Rosser scored a first-half hat-trick but still ended up on the losing side as the Dragons surrendered a 16-point interval lead to crash to a 34-32 Guinness PRO14 defeat at the hands of Zebre.

Italy fly-half Carlo Canna converted his own try with nine minutes remaining to complete Zebre's fightback and earn the hosts victory in a match played at the Stadio Fattori in L'Aquila, rather than at the Italian side's usual home in Parma.

Pic: INPHO/Giuseppe Fama

The Dragons still had chances after Canna's score to snatch a dramatic win for themselves but, after having a late try ruled out by the TMO, they saw Arwel Robson's last-gasp penalty fall short.

That came at the end of an eventful encounter which saw the Dragons, seeking their first win in the competition since September, recover from 7-0 down to establish a 26-10 lead at the break on the back of Rosser's try treble and a Charlie Davies score.

Zebre rallied though, with Tommaso Castello, Tommaso D'Apice and Johan Meyer crossing in the second half to help trim the Dragons' advantage to 32-27, before Canna's decisive score settled the encounter.