THE Cork County Board have today confirmed the Munster finals will not take place at the redeveloped Páirc Uí Chaoimh.
The intention had been to mark the opening of the new stadium with Cork and Kerry on July 2 and the hurling decider on July 9 between Clare and the winners of Waterford and Cork tie, which takes place this Sunday.
A Cork GAA statement release on Monday lunchtime stated:
"The new Páirc Uí Chaoimh stadium will not host either of the Munster Finals scheduled for July, as originally planned.
"Cork County Board was informed this morning that the scheduled handover date of June 18 would not now be met. There are still some commissioning works to be completed and these will be finished by July 7th. The first game in the new stadium will take place in mid July.
"Cork County chairman, Ger Lane said: 'Clearly we are disappointed but we want everything to be pristine before the stadium hosts its first major games. We want to be certain that all the expectations for this tremendous new facility will be fully met and we are satisfied that this will be the case by mid July'."
Earlier today the board had denied the new-look look Páirc would not be finished before July.
Cork PRO Donal Leahy told the Echo today that everything will be ready for the big day in July when the new, state of the art complex will be unveiled to the public.
The football final will now likely take place in Killarney for the third year in a row, with the hurling set for either Thurles or the Gaelic Grounds.