1. Who was Munster’s head coach for the Heineken Cup wins of 2006 and 2008?
2. Which Scotsman was captain of the Europe team for the Ryder Cups of 1991, 1993, and 1995?
3. Which of these men has not had two spells as Cork hurling manager: Johnny Clifford, Gerald McCarthy, Justin McCarthy, Tom Cashman?
4. Who was Manchester United manager immediately before Alex Ferguson?
5. Which club did Neale Fenn leave to become Cork City manager in 2019?
6. What is the name of Aidan O’Brien’s son, who became a racehorse trainer after retiring as a jockey, training Latrobe to victory in the 2018 Irish Derby?
7. Who was Nemo Rangers’ manager as they won last year’s county senior football championship?
8. Which Tyrone boxing promoter, who died earlier this year, played a large part in Barry McGuigan’s rise to prominence?
9. Which Skibbereen Rowing Club member, who coached the O’Donovan brothers to silver at the 2016 Olympics, is now Rowing Ireland’s high-performance coach?
10. Apart from the Republic of Ireland and Italy, which other national team — albeit not a member of Fifa — has Giovanni Trapattoni managed?
11. Which county did Larry Tompkins help to reach three Munster U21 football finals in the 1990s?
12. How many Super Bowls have the New England Patriots won with Bill Belichick as head coach?
13. Who was the first man to captain and manage his country to victory in the Fifa World Cup?
14. Which Englishman was coach to Nick Faldo for all six of his Major wins and to Ernie Els for all four of his?
15. Apart from Meath and Kerry, which were the only other two counties to beat Cork in the senior football championship across Billy Morgan’s two reigns?
16. Roy Keane began his managerial career at Sunderland and also took charge of which other English club?
17. What is the home club of Kilkenny hurling manager, Brian Cody?
18. Who is the longest-serving manager in the Premier League?
19. Which inter-county referee was a selector with Wexford in the early 2000s?
20. Which former England rugby head coach is part of the Leinster set-up now?
21. From 2014-15, tennis player Roger Federer was coached by which Swede, himself a Grand Slam title winner?
22. Which All-Ireland-winning Cork ladies’ footballer led Glanmire to county, Munster, and All-Ireland junior championships in 2018?
23. Who was in charge of Dublin when they won the 1995 All-Ireland senior football title?
24. Which Irish, 800m Olympian was appointed Cork hurling’s strength-and-conditioning coach in 2011?
25. As of the 2020 Cheltenham Festival, Willie Mullins has trained how many winners there: 52, 62, or 72?
26. How many All-Ireland senior camogie titles have Cork won under the management of Paudie Murray?
27. The John Feinstein book A Season on The Brink focuses on Bob Knight, a US college coach in which sport?
28. In rowing, which member of the crew acts as the coach in the boat?
29. Golfer Pádraig Harrington’s coach for his four Major victories is the father of which Ryder Cup-winning Europe captain?
30. In the film A League of Their Own, who plays baseball manager Jimmy Dugan?
31. Current Cork senior football coach, Cian O’Neill, was most recently manager of which county?
32. Italian Attilio Lombardo was player-manager of which Premier League side in the 1990s?
33. From a coaching point of view, what was unique about Super Bowl XLVII, in 2012?
34. Which former England football manager acted as an advisor to Steve Staunton during his tenure as Republic of Ireland manager?
35. Name two of three counties of which John Meyler has been hurling manager, apart from Cork.
36. Who was in charge of New Zealand for their 2011 Rugby World Cup win?
37. Which English football club sacked Colin Harvey as manager in 1990, only for the new boss to appoint Harvey as his assistant?
38. Who was appointed Cork City manager in 2000, only to resign a week later and take up a role at Leicester City?
39. Who is the current Cobh Ramblers manager?
40. Apart from Brian Cody, who is the last man to manage teams to All-Ireland senior hurling titles in consecutive years?
41. Who was Cork senior football manager after Brian Cuthbert and before Ronan McCarthy?
42. Which of Middlesbrough, Newcastle United, and Sunderland did Jack Charlton not manage?
43. Who was manager of the Cork U20 football team that won the All-Ireland in 2019?
44. Pat Lam, who captained Northampton to victory over Munster in the 2000 Heineken Cup final, later coached which Irish province?
45. Shane Ronayne, manager of Mourneabbey, who have won the last two All-Ireland ladies’ football senior club titles, is in charge of which county team?
46. Why was Julen Lopetegui sacked as Spain coach just before the 2018 Fifa World Cup?
47. Séamus ‘Banty’ McEnaney returned as manager of which county’s football team late in 2019?
48. From 2002-08, what was common to the men who held the role of Cork senior hurling manager?
49. When did England manage Wales?
50. In the film Moneyball, Brad Pitt plays Billy Beane, the general manager of which Major League Baseball team?
4. Ron Atkinson
14. David Leadbetter
48. The three – Donal O’Grady, John Allen and Gerald McCarthy – were all St Finbarr’s clubmen