1. The World Snooker Championship was sponsored by which tobacco brand until 2005?
2. Racehorse trainer Ted Walsh now lives in Kildare but he is a native of which Cork town?
3. Kerry’s last victory in a Munster senior hurling championship game came in 1993 against which county?
4. When Manchester United withdrew from the 1999-2000 as they had to compete in the Club World Championship, which second-round loser was chosen to compete in the third round?
5. Which American city is home to sports teams the Seahawks, the Mariners, the Thunderbirds and the SuperSonics?
6. Name either of the two Cork rugby clubs in the All-Ireland League which play their home games at Musgrave Park.
7. Which two Skibbereen Rowing Club members won gold for Ireland in the men’s lightweight pair at the World Championships in Florida in 2017?
8. Prior to the 1996 Olympic Games, there was a dispute over the manufacture of Team Ireland’s kit between Reebok and which other sportswear firm?
9. The actress Grace Kelly is responsible for the distinctive design of which European football club’s kit?
10. Which former Tánaiste played hurling and football for his county as well as rugby for Ireland?
11. Which was the last Cork club to win the All-Ireland senior club hurling title?
12. Robert Heffernan won bronze for Ireland in the 50km walk at the 2012 Olympic Games – it was the first time he competed at that distance in the Olympics, having stuck to which race for the 2000, 2004 and 2008 Games?
13. Which English-born Republic of Ireland international played a goalkeeper in the film Escape to Victory, even though he was a left winger in real life?
14. Which American golfer is third behind Jack Nicklaus and Tiger Woods in terms of major championship wins, with his victories coming between 1914 and 1929?
15. The mother of which Leinster, Ireland and Lions rugby player hails from Whiddy Island near Bantry?
16. In which year did the Republic of Ireland senior team last play a home game at Dalymount Park?
17. In 1980, who became the first Cork winners of the All-Ireland senior club camogie championship?
18. Which Limerick darts player reached the last 32 of the 2019 PDC World Darts Championship?
19. Against which team did Cork City secure the point needed to win the 2017 League of Ireland Premier Division title?
20. Which American swimmer won 13 individual gold medals at the Olympics?
21. Which GAA county are sponsored by the KN Group?
22. Prior to Real Madrid’s three in a row from 2016-18 inclusive, who were the last team to retain the European Cup/Champions League?
23. In 2003, which Corkman – who later played for Munster and Ireland – became the first player to represent Great Britain in rugby league since 1957?
24. Which horse won the 2007 Cheltenham Gold Cup, finished second in 2008 and regained the title in 2009?
25. In 1997, which country host the Ryder Cup as it was held in continental Europe for the first time?
26. In which year did Steffi Graf win her last women’s singles grand slam title?
27. Which two countries met in the opening game of the 2007 Rugby World Cup and also the second-last match of the tournament?
28. Which of these Cork GAA clubs won a double of county intermediate football and junior hurling titles in 2013 – Grenagh, Clyda Rovers or Fermoy
29. Which Northern Irish snooker player is currently ranked number 6 in the world?
30. In 1994, the Scottish Football League forced Celtic to make which significant change to their kit?
31. The Nurburgring racing circuit is in which country?
32. The Cork team that won the 1990 All-Ireland senior football title had two players who shared names with members of the Ireland squad for Italia 90, name either.
33. Which female Irish professional golfer holds the record the longest period as number 1 in the world amateur rankings?
34. Which is the non-Cork club with the most men’s basketball Super League titles?
35. What squad number does Kevin de Bruyne, below, wear for Manchester City?
36. John Meyler, father of Ireland international David and future Cork hurling player and manager, played for which Cork club in the 1978-79 League of Ireland season?
37. Rule The World, the winner of the 2016 Aintree Grand National, was trained by which Tipperary-based trainer?
38. Who won golf’s US Open in 2019?
39. Which member of the Ireland squad which won the 2013 Women’s Six Nations grand slam was the referee for the 2017 Women’s Rugby World Cup final?
40. What is the minimum number of strokes needed to win a tennis set?
23. Brian Carney
36. Cork Alberts