1. Neckarstadion in Stuttgart, where Ireland beat England at Euro 88, is now sponsored by which car-maker?
2. London Irish play their home games at the same stadium as which English soccer team?
3. In which Irish town is St Tiernach’s Park?
4. At which New York venue did Kerry play Cavan in the 1947 All-Ireland senior football final?
5. Spanish side Atlético Madrid moved into the Wanda Metropolitano in 2017 – where had they played their home games since 1966?
6. Which Cork GAA club’s home ground is known as Neenan Park?
7. What is the name of the park that separates Anfield from Goodison Park?
8. In which Cork village or town is the rugby ground Tanner Park?
9. Which MLS side plays at Dick’s Sporting Goods Park?
10. Which stadium hosted the 1987 Rugby World Cup final?
11. In which former Soviet country is there a stadium named after a Fifa World Cup final linesman?
12. Which Irish ground hosted the meeting of Bangaldesh and the West Indies in the 1999 Cricket World Cup?
13. Which Cork club won the first county senior hurling final played at the old Páirc Uí Chaoimh in 1976 and also the first senior decider played at Páirc Uí Rinn, below, in 2015?
14. In the 1990s, Crystal Palace shared Selhurst Park with which club?
15. Which city was the first to host two Fifa World Cup finals?
16. In which year did Arsenal move from Arsenal Stadium (Highbury) to Emirates Stadium?
17. Which Cork rugby club play their home games at Temple Hill?
18. Who did Ireland play at Flower Lodge in a senior international friendly in May 1985 as part of the Cork 800 celebrations?
19. In which state is MetLife Stadium, home of NFL sides the New York Giants and New York Jets?
20. What is the official name of the Etihad Stadium, the home of Manchester City?
21. Where in Cork is the National Rowing Centre situated?
22. Apart from Arsenal, which English club have also used Highbury as a home venue for European games?
23. Who, in July 2013, played the last concert at the old Páirc Uí Chaoimh?
24. And who played at the first concert at the new venue, in May 2018?
25. In the late 1980s and early 1990s, which League of Ireland club played home games at Harold’s Cross greyhound stadium?
26. In which European city is the now largely-disused 250,000-capacity Strahov Stadium, at which U2 performed in 1997?
27. Due to Uefa sponsorship rules, Aviva Stadium had to be known by which name for official purposes when hosting the 2013 Europa League final between Porto and Braga?
28. Which venue was the last other than Croke Park to hold an All-Ireland senior football semi-final?
29. Garryduff Sports Centre is home to which Cork hockey club?
30. Which League of Ireland stadium doubled as Croke Park for the film Michael Collins?
31. Donnybrook Stadium in Dublin, where the Ireland women’s hockey team beat Canada in 2019 to reach the Olympics, is now known by which name?
32. Barcelona’s Miniestadi, which closed in 2019, sometimes hosted international football fixtures for which team?
33. In which country is Imola, home of Autodromo Internazionale Enzo e Dino Ferrari, the site of the San Marino Grand Prix?
34. What is the official name of the racecourse at Cheltenham?
35. The 2024 Olympics will primarily be held at Stade de France, but Stade Olympique Yves-du-Manoir, which hosted the 1924 Games, will be used for which sport?
36. In June 2019, the first-ever Major League Baseball regular-season games were played in Europe as the Boston Red Sox took on the New York Yankees at which venue?
37. Which is the only Welsh golf course to have hosted the Ryder Cup?
38. In which Cork town is the Green Glens Arena, where Steve Collins beat Chris Eubank to win the WBO super-middleweight title in March 1995?
39. In which English city is The Crucible Theatre, home of snooker’s World Championship?
40. At which of these stadiums have Cork City not played a home League of Ireland game – Mardyke, Flower Lodge, St Colman’s Park?
41. What is the name of Scottish football side Aberdeen’s home ground?
42. Which is the only club in the English football league to play in a different town to that which they are named after?
43. Where are Cork City Sports held?
44. A game between Manchester United and Arsenal in 1948 holds the record for the biggest attendance in an English league game. Where was the game held?
45. At which Dublin stadium did the Republic of Ireland play Wales in a men’s senior international football friendly in 1993?
46. Which English racecourse hosts the Derby each June?
47. Three of the four Heineken Cup finals that Munster have played in have been in Cardiff, where was the other?
48. In which English city is the stadium that was known as KitKat Crescent from 2005-10?
49. What is the name of the Cork camogie county ground, below?
50. London is currently the only city to have held the Olympic Games three times — name of the stadiums used.
Estadio Vicente Caldéron
7. Stanley Park
Azerbaijan – Tofiq Bakhramov Republican Stadium in the capital Baku is named in honour of the man who controversially awarded Geoff Hurst’s second goal in the 1966 World Cup final between England and West Germany
Clontarf (Castle Avenue)
Mexico City – 1970 and 1986
City of Manchester Stadium
Queen’s Park Rangers in the 1984-85 Uefa Cup as Loftus Road had an artificial surface and they were not permitted. A combined London team also played at Highbury in the first Inter-Cities Fairs Cup, held from 1955-58
23. Bruce Springsteen
St Patrick’s Athletic
Gaelic Grounds in Limerick, which hosted the Kerry-Limerick replay in 2014
Church of Ireland
Bray Wanderers’ Carlisle Grounds
Celtic Manor, in 2010
Grimsby Town, whose stadium Blundell Park is actually in Cleethorpes
Cork Institute of Technology
Maine Road, which United used as Old Trafford was being repaired following damage inflicted during the second world war
45. Tolka Park
York – York Ciy’s home ground is once again known as Bootham Crescent
Castle Road in Blackrock
White City Stadium (1908), Wembley Stadium (1948), London Stadium (2012).