1. How many All-Star Awards did Christy Ring win?
2. Which Premier League club play their home games at Turf Moor?
3. In rugby, is the number 3 shirt generally worn by the tighthead or loosehead prop?
4. At which Kildare venue was the Benson & Hedges Irish Masters snooker competition held from 1978-2000?
5. Which club is fourth on the Cork Senior Hurling Championship roll of honour, behind the traditional city ‘big three’ of Blackrock, Glen Rovers and St Finbarr’s?
6. Which English decathlete won the gold medal at the 1980 and 1984 Olympic Games and set the world record for the event four times?
7. In the mid-1990s, which player finished second in the Premier League in consecutive seasons with two different clubs?
8. Which Michael Lewis book, looking at the growing role of data in baseball, was the basis for a 2011 film starring Brad Pitt?
9. How many senior international caps did Peter Stringer win for Ireland – 78, 88 or 98?
10. The British Grand Prix has been held at which venue every year since 1987?
11. Liverpool attacker Mohamed Salah plays for which country?
12. Which GAA county plays its home games at Netwatch Dr Cullen Park?
13. The winners of the Golden Boot at the 1974 and 2010 Fifa World Cup share a nationality and a surname – who are they?
14. Who was head coach of the Ireland senior men’s rugby team immediately before Eddie O’Sullivan?
15. For which Premier League club does Bandon native Conor Hourihane play?
16. Phil Taylor tops the PDC World Darts Championship roll of honour with 14 titles, who is second with three – all of them coming in the past decade?
17. Which English boxer defeated Deontay Wilder in February 2020 to win the WBC, The Ring and lineal heavyweight titles?
18. Prior to Mourneabbey winning the All-Ireland senior club ladies’ football championship in 2018 and 2019, which was the last Cork team to do so?
19. In which English city is the cricket ground Trent Bridge?
20. NFL side the Falcons are based in which city?
21. Which Turkish side eliminated Cork City from the 1993-94 Champions League qualifiers before going on to beat Manchester United?
22. Who are the current holders of the women’s Rugby World Cup?
23. In 1994, Michael Jordan signed a minor-league baseball contract with which MLB team?
24. After Larry Mize won the 1987 Master Tournament when was the next time that it was not won by a British golfer?
25. Who was the manager of the Kerry team that won the county’s last senior All-Ireland football title in 2014?
26. Which Kanturk man won gold medals for Ireland at the 1928 and 1932 Olympic Games?
27. What colours do the Samoa national rugby team wear?
28. The film Varsity Blues centres around a high-school team in which sport?
29. Over which distance did Derval O’Rourke win a hurdling gold medal at the 2006 World Indoor Championships?
30. What is the minimum number of points needed to win a tie-break in tennis?
31. Which German golfer won the 2010 PGA Championship and 2014 US Open?
32. At which Irish racecourse are the 1,000 and 2,000 Guineas run?
33. Cork camogie star Amy O’Connor plays for which club?
34. Excluding penalties, what is the highest losing score one can have in a frame of snooker?
35. Who retired as an RTÉ sports anchorman after his tenth Fifa World Cup in 2014?
36. Who did Chelsea beat to win the 2013 Europa League final?
37. Which Australian-born cricketer captained Ireland to victory over Pakistan at the 2007 World Cup?
38. Hurling manager Micheál Donoghue was last in charge of which county team?
39. Which Cork-born Republic of Ireland senior women’s international plays her club football with Glasgow City?
40. Which American swimmer won seven gold medals at the 1972 Olympic Games, all in record times?
1. None — the scheme wasn’t initiated until 1971, by which time he had retired
4. Goffs Bloodstock Sales
6. Daley Thompson
7. David May — Blackburn Rovers in 1993-94 and Manchester United in 1994-95
13. Gerd Müller and Thomas Müller
14. Warren Gatland
15. Aston Villa
16. Phil Taylor
17. Tyson Fury
18. Inch Rovers in 2010
20. Atlanta, Georgia
22. New Zealand
23. Chicago White Sox
24. 1992, when Fred Couples won — in between, it was claimed by Sandy Lyle, Nick Faldo (twice) and Ian Woosnam
25. Eamonn Fitzmaurice
26. Pat O’Callaghan
27. Blue and white
28. American football
29. 60 metres
31. Martin Kaymer
32. The Curragh
33. St Vincent’s
35. Bill O’Herlihy
37. Trent Johnston
39. Clare Shine
40. Mark Spitz