1. Which priest was in charge of the Cork senior hurling team for the three consecutive All-Ireland wins from 1976-78?
2. From which club did Manchester sign Kevin de Bruyne?
3. Australia top the Cricket World Cup roll of honour with five wins – name either of the sides joint-second with two wins each.
4. Who scored the winning goal as Cork City beat Longford Town in the 2007 FAI Cup final?
5. The Longford manager that day became the City boss for 2008 – who was he?
6. Where did the France national football and rugby teams play their home games prior to moving to Stade de France?
7. Which player followed Cristiano Ronaldo as Manchester United’s number 7?
8. What is the name of the home ground of rugby club Cork Constitution?
9. In which country were the 2019 World Athletics Championships held?
10. How many of the 16 Fifa World Cups have been won by the host nation?
11. How many players are there on a field hockey team?
12. Who captained Cork to win the 1989 All-Ireland senior football title?
13. What is the name of the stadium in Chicago in which Ireland beat New Zealand in a rugby international in 2016?
14. Who won the Golden Boot at the 2018 Fifa World Cup?
15. Which Cork woman holds the Irish 100m and 200m records?
16. Which former Meath footballer ran for Fine Gael in the 2007 general election?
17. How many points is a try worth in rugby league?
18. Which baseball team won the World Series in 2004 to bridge an 86-year gap?
19. In which year did Beara defeat Castlehaven to win the Cork county SFC?
20. Which club are top of the roll of honour of rugby’s All-Ireland League?
21. How many World Snooker Championships has Stephen Hendry won?
22. Which player – a sister of manager Paudie Murray – captained Cork to win the 2018 All-Ireland senior camogie title?
23. In 2003, who prevented Phil Taylor from winning a ninth straight PDC World Darts Championship?
24. The NFL side Indianapolis Colts were based in which city until 1984?
25. Which company were Manchester United’s main sponsors between AIG and Chevrolet?
26. Which goalkeeper made his championship debut for Cork in 2008 as a substitute after Dónal Óg Cusack was sent off against Galway?
27. In which year did Tiger Woods win his first major golf championship?
28. What is the name of Galway United’s home ground?
29. Rally driver Billy Coleman, a winner of both the Irish and British rally championships, is a native of which Cork town?
30. Italian football club Sampdoria are based in which city?
31. How many of Rafael Nadal’s 19 grand slam men’s singles tennis titles have been in the French Open?
32. Who rode Istabraq to four straight Cheltenham Champion Hurdle wins from 1997-2000?
33. Which player had spells with Scottish sides Motherwell and Dunfermline Athletic in between two stints at Cork City?
34. In which sport did Yuriy Sedykh set a new world record at the 1984 Cork City Sports?
35. How many Celtic League/Pro 12/Pro 14 titles have Munster won since its inception in 2001?
36. In which year did Robert Heffernan win gold in the 50km walk at the World Athletics Championships?
37. What was the name of the Sky One soap based around a fictional football team called Harchester United?
38. Which player has the most runners-up finishes in golf majors with 19?
39. Which player has played for Real Madrid, Barcelona, AC Milan and Internazionale?
40. In the 2019 hurling championship, Cork played games at two venues that share which name?
1. Fr Bertie Troy
2. VfL Wolfsburg
3. India and West Indies
4. Denis Behan
5. Alan Mathews
6. Parc des Princes
7. Michael Owen
8. Temple Hill
10. Six – Uruguay in 1930, Italy in 1934, England in 1966, West Germany in 1974, Argentina in 1978 and France in 1998
12. Dinny Allen
13. Soldier Field
14. Harry Kane
15. Phil Healy
16. Graham Geraghty
18. Boston Red Sox
22. Aoife Murray
23. John Part
25. Aon Insurance
26. Martin Coleman
27. 1997 (Masters)
28. Eamonn Deacy Park (formerly Terryland Park)
32. Charlie Swan
33. Danny Murphy
34. Hammer throw
35. Three – 2002-03, 2008-09 and 2010-11
37. Dream Team
38. Jack Nicklaus
39. Ronaldo Luís Nazario da Lima (Brazilian Ronaldo)
40. Cusack Park, in Ennis and Mullingar