1. Which Cork club was the first in Ireland to have players win All-Stars in both hurling and football in the same year?
2. How many times have Barcelona won the European Cup/Champions League?
3. In which year did Andy Murray win a grand slam title for the first time?
4. Who are Cork City’s current main shirt sponsors?
5. For which Kilkenny club did DJ Carey play his hurling?
6. In which event did Waterford native Susan Smith compete in two Summer Olympics for Ireland?
7. With which club did Liam Brady begin his managerial career in 1991?
8. Gaelic football manager John Maughan is currently in charge of which county?
9. Which hurling-like sport, which is popular in North America, featured at the 1904 and 1908 Olympic Games?
10. Which Munster player captained the Lions on his test debut against New Zealand in 2017?
11. Who preceded Jurgen Klopp as Liverpool manager?
12. Which was the last club to win the Cork senior hurling championship for the first time?
13. Since 2000, how many times have left-handed golfers won the Masters Tournament?
14. From which club did Thierry Henry join Arsenal in 1999?
15. Which GAA county’s home ground is called St Conleth’s Park?
16. When Roy Keane joined Manchester United from Nottingham Forest in 1993, it was for an English transfer record fee of how much?
17. Which Northern Irish snooker player reached the World Snooker Championship semi-finals in 2000 and 2001?
18. Which was the last county other than Dublin to win the Leinster senior football championship?
19. Name either of the clubs that Cork dual star Briege Corkery represents (one camogie and one ladies’ football).
20. Which was the last Premier League club to have a full-time player-manager?
21. How many Rugby World Cup finals has Welsh referee Nigel Owens taken charge of?
22. Which two countries have the Republic of Ireland played more than once in the Fifa World Cup finals?
23. With which English club did Donncha O’Callaghan finish his rugby career?
24. In which year was the Aintree Grand National run on a Monday, having been postponed due to a bomb-scare?
25. Since 1994, which is the only country to win the Fifa World Cup while wearing adidas or Nike kits?
26. Denis Long of Millstreet, who won the 1973 All-Ireland football title with Cork, later played for which Kerry club?
27. Who is the European with the most major golf championship wins?
28. King and Queen of The Roads are annual competitions in which Irish sport?
29. Which female Cork soccer player recently played for Australian side Western Sydney Wanderers, on loan from North Carolina Courage?
30. Which is the only Fifa World Cup not to have had a final?
31. Who won the Wimbledon men’s singles title as a 17-year-old in 1985?
32. Cork’s last three All-Ireland senior ladies’ football final wins came against the same county – which one?
33. What is the name of Ireland’s only international motorsport venue, situated in county Kildare?
34. GAA shirt sponsorship was introduced in 1991 – which counties still have deals with companies they partnered with back then?
35. In which rowing category did Gary and Paul O’Donovan win silver for Ireland at the 2016 Olympics – lightweight double sculls, heavyweight pair or coxed pair?
36. Who were the opposition the last time Cork beat someone other than Kilkenny or Galway in an All-Ireland senior hurling final?
37. Bayern Munich share the Allianz Arena with which other club?
38. How many countries took part in the 2019 Rugby World Cup?
39. Who was part of the England team that beat Ireland at the 2007 Cricket World Cup and part of the Ireland team that beat England in the 2011 World Cup?
40. Which Cork footballer was nominated for All-Star Awards in two different positions in 1990?
29. Denise O’Sullivan