1. Which former Cork City and Cobh Ramblers player is the current president of the FAI?
2. Who won the Cork county senior football championship in 2012 and 2013?
3. At which course did Shane Lowry win the Irish Open as an amateur in 2009?
4. Which club has three of the last four European Rugby Champions Cups?
6. In which year was the initial ‘back door’ introduced into the All-Ireland senior hurling championship, with beaten Leinster and Munster finalists advancing to the quarter-final stage?
7. At which 1998 grand prix did Damon Hill secure Jordan’s first Formula 1 race win?
8. What colours do the Samoa national rugby team wear?
9. Which Bantry rally driver won the British Rally Championship in 2009, 2010, 2012 and 2017?
10. How many players are there on a rugby league team?
11. In the Tour de France, who wears a white jersey with red polka dots?
12. When did Steve Davis win the World Snooker Championship for the last time – 1985, 1987 or 1989?
13. Which was the last Cork club to win Division 1 of rugby’s Munster Junior League?
14. Who scored Ireland’s goal against Sweden in their Euro 2016 opening game?
15. Cork GAA club Clyda Rovers are based in which parish?
16. Who won the 2007 Rugby World Cup?
17. Where were the 1996 Summer Olympics held?
18. When was the last time that the world football transfer record involved a player being sold from one English club to another?
19. For which club does Cork camogie star Orla Cronin play?
20. Which of the four major golf championships did Tom Watson not win?
21. In which Munster county would you find a GAA club called Mount Sion?
22. NFL side the Los Angeles Chargers were previously based in which city?
23. Where did Lizzie Lee finish in the women’s marathon at the 2016 Olympics – 57th, 67th or 77th?
24. In which European city is the Luzhniki Stadium?
25. Which course hosted the last Ryder Cup that US won in Europe?
26. Chelsea legend John Terry is now assistant manager at which Premier League club?
27. With which club did Denis Irwin begin his career?
28. When Conor McGregor fought Floyd Mayweather in 2017, a weight limit of 154lb was imposed – which category is that classed as?
29. Which grand tour cycling race did Seán Kelly win in 1988?
30. Who did Cork beat to win the 1989 All-Ireland senior football championship?
31. Who captained the Republic of Ireland at the 1994 Fifa World Cup?
32. Which country tops the Cricket World Cup roll of honour with five titles?
33. Which former Munster and Ireland rugby player’s autobiography is called Joking Apart?
34. After whom is the All-Ireland ladies’ football senior championship trophy named?
35. In which sport is the Stanley Cup awarded?
36. What squad number does Anthony Martial wear for Manchester United?
37. Who was Munster Rugby head coach between Declan Kidney’s two stints in charge?
38. In which year was the Irish Snooker Masters last held?
39. Prior to Dublin’s five in a row, when was the last time that the Sam Maguire Cup was retained?
40. At how many different stadiums have Cork City won the FAI Cup?
1. Gerry McAneaney
3. Co. Louth GC (Baltray)
5. 800m and 1500m
8. Blue and white
9. Keith Cronin
11. The rider with the most climbing points (King of The Mountains)
13. Bandon in 2017-18
14. Wes Hoolahan
16. South Africa
17. Atlanta, USA
18. 1996, Alan Shearer joining Newcastle United from Blackburn Rovers
20. PGA Championship
22. San Diego
25. The Belfry (1993)
26. Aston Villa
27. Leeds United
28. Light middleweight
29. Vuelta a Espana
31. Andy Townsend
33. Donncha O’Callaghan
34. Brendan Martin
35. Ice hockey (America’s NHL)
37. Alan Gaffney
39. 2007, by Kerry
40. Three – Dalymount Park (1998), RDS (2007), Aviva Stadium (2016 and 2017)