1. Including the drawn game and replay in 1988, Cork and Meath clashed in four All-Ireland football finals from 1987-90 inclusive – how many goals were scored?
2. Which Spanish cyclist won five straight Tours de France from 1991-95 inclusive?
3. In which year did Leinster win the Heineken Cup for the first time?
4. Who was Cork City manager between Colin Murphy and Liam Murphy?
5. Which NFL team is based in Carolina?
6. In which year did shirt sponsors first appear in the GAA — 1991, 1993 or 1994?
7. Who did Dennis Taylor beat to win the 1985 World Snooker Championship final?
8. Who trains Tiger Roll, the horse that Davy Russell rode to victory in both the 2018 and 2019 Aintree Grand Nationals?
9. The Centenary Quaich is awarded to the winners of which Six Nations Championship game each year?
10. Who portrayed ‘Irish’ Micky Ward in the 2010 film The Fighter?
11. Which of these League of Ireland clubs has new Republic of Ireland manager Stephen Kenny not been in charge of — Bohemians, Shelbourne, Shamrock Rovers, Derry City?
12. In top-level cricket, how many balls are there in an over?
13. When was the last time that an All-Ireland senior men’s hurling or football final was contested by teams from the same province?
14. Liverpool signed Mohamed Salah from which club in 2017?
15. Donegal athlete Brendan Boyce finished 19th in which event at the 2016 Olympic Games?
16. Cork wore blue jerseys in both the 1956 and 1957 All-Ireland senior football finals – name either of their opponents.
17. In which European City is the Stade Vélodrome?
18. Golfer Louis Oosthuizen is a native of which country?
19. Against which country did Brian O’Driscoll score a hat-trick of tries in a Six Nations Championship game in 2000?
20. Who captained the Republic of Ireland at Euro 88?
21. Which Corkman holds the unique record of being named in both hurling and football All-Star teams in the same year?
22. What is the name of the tennis and croquet club that hosts the Championships at Wimbledon?
23. In which year did basketball’s national cup finals move from Neptune Stadium to the National Basketball Arena in Tallaght — 1991, 1992 or 1993?
24. Two clubs are top of the Australian VFL/AFL Pemiership roll of honour with 16 titles – name either of them.
25. Darts’ World Grand Prix takes place at which Irish venue each October?
26. Who was manager of Leicester City when they won the Premier League in 2015-16?
27. In which county would you find Pomeroy Plunketts GAA Club?
28. Ronnie Delany won a gold medal for Ireland at the 1956 Olympic Games in Melbourne over which distance?
29. In golf, what is the term for a score of three under par on a single hole?
30. Which Corkman scored 38 points in the three games that Ireland played in this year’s U20 Six Nations Championship?
31. Who beat the Republic of Ireland at Anfield in 1995 in a play-off for the final place in Euro 96?
32. Which GAA county plays its home games at Páirc Tailteann?
33. Which Cork-born Republic of Ireland women’s international currently plays for Brighton & Hove Albion?
34. Who is currently number 1 in the World Snooker Rankings?
35. Who beat Olympique Marseille on penalties to win the 1991 European Cup final?
36. Who was appointed Clare senior hurling manager in October 2019?
37. Rugby’s All-Ireland League has been won by Clontarf, Cork Constitution or Lansdowne since 2013 – who were the last winners outside of that trio?
38. Which English racecourse, which shares its name with an Irish town, hosts the 1,000 and 2,000 Guineas each year?
39. The current women’s world 100m record was set in 1988 by whom?
40. Roy Keane and Mick McCarthy’s bust-up before the 2002 World Cup took place in Saipan, which is in which country?
1. Two – Meath beat Cork by 1-14 to 0-11 in 1987; the 1988 draw was Cork 1-9 Meath 0-12; Meath won the replay by 0-13 to 0-12 and Cork triumphed by 0-11 to 0-9 in 1990
2. Miguel Induráin
4. Derek Mountfield
7. Steve Davis
8. Gordon Elliott
9. Ireland v Scotland
10. Mark Wahlberg
13. 2013 – Clare beat Cork after a replay in the hurling decider
15. 50km walk
16. Galway in 1956 and Louth in 1957
18. South Africa
20. Frank Stapleton
21. Ray Cummins in 1971
24. Carlton and Essendon
25. Citywest Hotel
26. Claudio Ranieri
30. Jack Crowley
33. Megan Connolly
34. Judd Trump
35. Red Star Belgrade
36. Brian Lohan
37. St Mary’s College
39. Florence Griffith-Joyner
40. USA — it’s part of the Northern Mariana Islands, which are an American commonwealth