FURTHER to today’s announcement by An Taoiseach Leo Varadkar in relation to Covid-19, this weekend’s Clonakilty Park Hotel West Cork Rally will not take place.
A statement issued by the board of directors of the Cork Motor Club stated.
“The board of Directors of Cork Motor Club, organisers of the Clonakilty Park Hotel West Cork Rally, have after careful consideration made the decision to postpone the event. For the last 10 days, the organising team has sought advice from and complied with all guidelines from the experts in the HSE and Government agencies.”
Meanwhile, Motorsport Ireland are set to make an announcement later this afternoon but the Irish Examiner understands that they have advised all their affiliated clubs that all motorsport events have been suspended until March 29 and they will endeavour to work with the clubs affected to reschedule new dates.