1. Who was the last Cork Constitution player to be appointed as full-time captain of the Ireland senior rugby team (as opposed to a stand-in captain)?
2. When was the last time before 2012 that Manchester City had won the English league title?
3. How many players are there on a baseball team?
4. Which golf course hosted the inaugural Open Championship in 1860?
5. Who scored the winner for Cork City against Shelbourne in the 1998 FAI Cup final replay?
6. In athletics, how many events comprise the decathlon?
7. In 1987, Stephen Roche became only the second man to win cycling’s ‘triple crown’ of Tour de France, Giro d’Italia and World Road Race Championship – who was the first?
8. Who captained Cork to victory in the 1999 All-Ireland senior hurling final?
9. For which of these clubs has James Milner not played – Aston Villa, Everton, Leeds United, Manchester City, Newcastle United?
10. How many All-Ireland senior medals has Rena Buckley won with Cork in camogie and ladies’ football?
11. In which year did Sonia O’Sullivan win a gold medal in the 5000m at the World Athletics Championships?
12. In cricket, how man runs are awarded for a stroke that reaches the boundary but touches the ground on the way?
13. Which Kilkenny player was sent off in the 2019 All-Ireland senior hurling final?
14. With which club – named after a county – did Larry Tompkins win three New York senior football championship medals in the 1980s?
15. How many senior international tries did Brian O’Driscoll score for Ireland – 46, 50 or 53?
16. Ollie Horgan manages which SSE Airtricity League Premier Division side?
17. When the men’s Irish hockey team reached the 2016 Olympic Games, were they bridging a gap of 104, 108 or 112 years?
18. In which Cork village is there a statue of world heavyweight wrestling champion Danno O’Mahony?
19. Which Cork school reached the first ever Dr Harty Cup final and went more than a century before reaching another?
20. Which Major League Soccer club, which debuted in 2020, has David Beckham as a part-owner?
21. Which Cork jockey rode Master Oats to victory in the 1995 Cheltenham Gold Cup?
22. In which county is there a hurling club known as Rower Inistioge?
23. Which football club plays its home games at Signal Iduna Park?
24. Prior to a name-change in 2005, Welsh rugby side Ospreys had which geographical suffix?
25. Which goalkeeper made two championship appearances for the Cork senior football team, separated by a decade?
26. Cork hurler Seán O’Donoghue plays for which club?
27. Which was the first Fifa World Cup to allow 23-man squads?
28. Which of these American states does not have an NFL team – Florida, Alabama, Pennsylvania, Colorado?
29. Which Cork football club played in the League of Ireland from 1979-82?
30. Which English player won three Irish Open tennis titles in the 1990s?
31. Corkman Martin Coppinger is an All-Ireland winner in which sport?
32. Which competition provided Rory McIlroy’s first major golf championship win?
33. Who was the last Corkman to hold the role of President of the GAA?
34. Which ground, more associated with cricket hosted the first FA Cup final in 1872?
35. For which French club did Jonathan Sexton play from 2013-15?
36. In which event did Carl Lewis, below, win gold for the USA at the 1992 Olympic Games in Barcelona?
37. What nationality is former Munster rugby captain Jim Williams?
38. Which club won three European Cups in a row from 1971-73 inclusive?
39. Who was the last non-European to win the Formula 1 Drivers’ World Championship?
40. What was notable about the last time a Cork club other than Nemo Rangers won the All-Ireland senior club football title?
1. Michael Bradley
5. Derek Coughlan
7. Eddy Merckx
8. Mark Landers
13. Richie Hogan
14. Larry Tompkins
16. Finn Harps
19. Christian Brothers College
20. Inter Miami
21. Norman Williamson
23. Borussia Dortmund
25. Michael Maguire – he played against Monaghan in 1988 and Kerry in 1998
29. Cork United
30. Greg Rusedski
31. Road bowling
32. US Open in 2011
33. Christy Cooney (2009-12)
34. Kennington Oval
35. Racing 92
36. Long jump
39. Jacques Villeneuve in 1997
40. The winning team (St Finbarr’s in 1987) had actually lost the 1986 county final to Imokilly, who as a divisional side were unable to advance to the Munster championship