1. With Tomás Mulcahy injured, who captained Cork to win the Munster hurling final against Tipperary?
2. Which Cork player, who scored 11 points in the Munster final, was sent off in the All-Ireland final?
3. The greatest number of goals conceded in a single game by the hurlers was three – who were the opposition in that game?
4. Cork retained the All-Ireland football title — which was the last county before them to manage that?
5. Who won man of the match in the All-Ireland hurling final?
6. What was Cork’s margin of victory in the Munster football final win over Kerry — 10, 12 or 15 points?
7. Which player scored two goals in each of the Munster hurling final, All-Ireland semi-final and All-Ireland final?
8. Who did Cork beat in the All-Ireland football semi-final?
9. Fr Michael O’Brien was the hurling team’s coach or manager — who was his assistant with the title of trainer?
10. Who kicked four points from play in the All-Ireland football final win over Meath?
11. Against which country did Ireland begin their campaign?
12. Who was the Ireland head coach?
13. Which England player was level with Brian O’Driscoll as the top tryscorer?
14. Three countries finished level on six points behind Ireland — who took second place on scoring difference?
15. Which Ireland player scored a drop-goal in the win over England?
16. When did Ireland last win the grand slam before 2009?
17. And when was the country’s last championship win?
18. Name either of Ireland’s tryscorers in the win over Wales in the final match.
19. Against which country did Ireland have their narrowest margin of victory?
20. Which Wales player had a chance to score a penalty in the final minute of the final game, which would have denied Ireland the grand slam?
21. Who is the only player to play for the Republic of Ireland senior team while with Cork City?
22. To which club did City sell David Meyler in 2008?
23. With which current Premier League club did Alan Bennett have a loan spell while with Reading?
24. Along with Kevin Doyle, which City player joined Reading in 2005?
25. Which England international, who previously scored the winner in an FA Cup final, made two appearances for City in 1985?
26. In 1989-90, City signed four players of which nationality?
27. Which centre-back, who would go on to win three Ireland caps, joined Manchester United from City in 1989?
28. In November 2019, Seán Maguire scored his first international goal against which country?
29. Which Ireland international midfielder, a member of the Euro 88 squad, signed for City in 1999?
30. Which country did the Republic of Ireland beat 4-1 in a B international at Turner’s Cross in 1990?
31. Since 2013, who is the only man other than Lewis Hamilton to win the Formula 1 World Drivers’ Championship?
32. Who is the reigning world snooker champion?
33. In which category did Sanita Puspure win world rowing titles for Ireland in 2018 and 2019?
34. The women’s 400m record was set in 1985 by Marita Koch — which country was she representing?
35. In February 2020, which Englishman became a world heavyweight boxing champion for the second time, five years after the first?
36. Who beat Michael van Gerwen in the 2020 PDC World Darts Championship final?
37. How many women’s singles grand slam titles has Serena Williams won — 19, 21 or 23?
38. Who did Liverpool beat in the Fifa Club World Cup final in December 2019?
39. In 2001, when Tiger Woods held all four major golf titles at the same time, which was the one he won to complete the set?
40. Who did England beat in the 2019 Cricket World Cup final?
1. Kieran McGuckin
2. Colm O’Neill
4. Meath, in 1987 and 1988
5. Tomás Mulcahy
7. John Fitzgibbon
9. Gerald McCarthy
10. Shea Fahy
2009 GRAND SLAM
12. Eddie O’Sullivan
13. Riki Flutey
15. Brian O’Driscoll
18. Brian O’Driscoll and Tommy Bowe
19. England (one point)
20. Stephen Jones
CORK CITY’S INTERNATIONALS
21. Joe Gamble
24. Shane Long
25. Trevor Brooking
27. Brian Carey
28. New Zealand
29. Liam O’Brien
31. Nico Rosberg
32. Judd Trump
33. Single sculls
34. Marita Koch
35. Tyson Fury
36. Peter Wright
40. New Zealand