1. Who was United’s top goalscorer with 29 goals in all competitions?
2. How many Manchester United players were chosen on the PFA Team of The Year— four, five, six or seven?
3. Who did Manchester United beat on the final day of the 1998-99 Premier League season to clinch the title?
4. Who started at left midfield for Manchester United in the Champions League final?
5. How many of their six Champions League group games did Manchester United win?
6. During this season, which company was linked with a takeover of Manchester United?
7. Manchester United’s epic Champions League final win was foreshadowed as they came from behind to beat who in the FA Cup fourth round with goals in the 88th and 90th minutes
8. Who was appointed as Manchester United assistant manager during this season, replacing Brian Kidd, who had become Blackburn Rovers manager?
9. Who wore the number 8 shirt for Manchester United in 1998-99?
10. In which home Champions League game in 1998-99 did Manchester United wear a change kit?
ALL-IRELAND SENIOR FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIP 2010-19
11. How many drawn All-Ireland finals were there in this period?
12. Who captained Dublin in the 2011 All-Ireland final?
13. In which year did Cork last beat Kerry in the championship?
14. Which Kerry player won the man of the match award for the 2014 All-Ireland final?
15. Which was the first year where none of the four All-Ireland semi-finalists were provincial champions?
16. How many times did Mayo play Kerry in the championship in the decade — six, seven or eight?
17. Which was the only county play in an All-Ireland final but not win a provincial title in this decade?
18. How many counties contested Connacht finals in this decade?
19. In 2016, Dublin played their first championship game outside Croke Park in a decade – what was the venue?
20. Donegal played seven games to win the 2012 All-Ireland — how many goals did they score — five, eight or 10?
2016 OLYMPIC GAMES
21. Which two Irish cyclists competed in the road race?
22. Which Cork woman finished 57th in the marathon?
23. There were 77 Irish competitors, across how many sports – 14, 22 or 34?
24. Prior to 2016, when was the last time that the summer Olympics were held in north or south America but not the USA?
25. Apart from the O’Donovan brothers’ silver in rowing, who won Ireland’s only other medal?
26. Along with rugby sevens, which sport was new to the Olympics in 2016?
27. When was the last time prior to 2016 that Ireland had failed to win an Olympic boxing medal?
28. Of which of his gold medals was Usain Bolt later stripped?
29. In which sport were Ireland competing at the Olympics for the first time in over a century?
30. Which company won the women’s football tournament?
IRELAND’S 2018 SIX NATIONS GRAND SLAM
31. The grand slam win incorporated a Triple Crown — how many times have Ireland won it, 11, 12 or 13?
32. Which Ireland player was the top try-scorer and won the player of the tournament award?
33. Who finished second to Ireland?
34. Ireland claimed try-scoring bonus points in how many of their five games?
35. Who captained Ireland to glory?
36. Which country did Ireland beat in their final game to clinch the grand slam?
37. Ireland had three players tied as their second-highest try-scorer with two, name any of them.
38. Ireland’s 20 tries was a record in the Six Nations era. The previous record was achieved in 2000, 2004 and 2007 with how many tries?
39. During this championship, which Irish player made it 30 Six Nations appearances as a replacement without having started a match?
40. Against which country did Jonathan Sexton kick a match-winning drop goal?
MANCHESTER UNITED 1998-99:
1. Dwight Yorke, 2. Five – Gary Neville, Denis Irwin, Jaap Stam, David Beckham, Dwight Yorke, 3. Tottenham Hotspur, 4. Jesper Blomqvist, 5. Two, 6. Sky, 7. Liverpool, 8. Steve McClaren, 9. Nicky Butt, 10. Barcelona
ALL-IRELAND SFC 2010-19:
11. Two – 2016 and 2019, 12. Bryan Cullen, 13. 2012, 14. Paul Murphy, 15. 2010, 16. Six – 2011, 2014 twice, 2017 twice and 2019, 17. Down in 2010, 18. Five – Galway, Mayo, Roscommon, Sligo and London, 19. Nowlan Park in Kilkenny, 20. Eight
21. Dan Martin and Nicolas Roche, 22. Lizzie Lee, 23. Fourteen, 24. 1976 (Montreal), 25. Annalise Murphy in sailing, 26. Golf, 27. 2004, 28. Men’s 4x100m relay as one of the team, Nesta Carter, was found guilty of a doping violation, 29. Men’s hockey, 30. Germany
2018 GRAND SLAM:
31. Eleven, 32. Jacob Stockdale, 33. Wales, 34. Three, 35. Rory Best, 36. England, 37. Bundee Aki, Robbie Henshaw and Conor Murray, 38. Seventeen, 39. Seán Cronin, 40. France