1. The Canaries (English soccer)
2. Farney County (GAA)
3. The Bull (former Ireland rugby player)
4. The Clones Cyclone (boxing)
5. The Seagulls (Irish soccer)
6. Ballineen Bullet (current holder of Irish women’s 100m and 200m records)
7. The Big Easy (golf)
8. The Rocket (snooker)
9. The Rock (Cork GAA)
10. Gaillimh (former Ireland rugby player)
11. Which English soccer team’s home ground is Ashton Gate?
12. Which sport takes place at Albert Park in Melbourne, Australia?
13. In which Germany city is Neckarstadion, where the Republic of Ireland beat England at Euro 88?
14. Where in Cork is the National Rowing Centre?
15. In which town is the rugby ground Dubarry Park?
16. Which company sponsors Cavan GAA’s home of Breffni Park and Ulster Rugby’s stadium at Ravenhill in Belfast?
17. By which name was the Principality Stadium known when it opened in 1999?
18. Where did Derby County play their home games before moving to Pride Park?
19. Which venue was the last other than Croke Park to host an All-Ireland senior football semi-final?
20. Where did Cork City beat Shelbourne to win the 1998 FAI Cup final replay?
21. Apart from Bohemians, which other League of Ireland team plays in red and black stripes?
22. What colour jerseys do Na Piarsaigh GAA Club wear?
23. Which of these rugby teams’ kits does not reflect the colours of the country’s flag – Wales, USA, Argentina, Australia?
24. Formula 1 team McLaren’s colours were based on which cigarette company from 1974-96?
25. From 1997-2002, Cork City’s home shirts were which colour?
26. Australian Rules side Carlton have which colour in their name?
27. Which of the New York teams in the NFL wears green and white?
28. When was the last time that the Fifa World Cup final was won by a team in a change kit
29. In 2018-19, what colour were Manchester United’s away shirts?
30. Which county GAA team has an all-white kit?
31. In which year did Kilkenny surpass Cork’s record of 30 All-Ireland senior hurling titles?
32. Robbie Keane is the Republic of Ireland’s record goalscorer with 68 goals —– how many ahead of second-placed Niall Quinn is he, 26, 35 or 47?
33. In baseball, which team has won the most World Series?
34. Which club is second to Real Madrid on the European Cup/Champions League roll of honour?
35. Cork are level with which county at the top of the All-Ireland ladies’ football roll of honour?
36. Leinster and Toulouse top the Heineken Cup/Champions Cup roll of honour with how many wins?
37. Which club has won the most League of Ireland titles?
38. Which country has won the most Cricket World Cups?
39. Where does Ronan O’Gara rank on the list of all-time appearances for the Ireland rugby team?
40. Cork have won the most All-Ireland senior camogie titles – what is the county’s record for consecutive championships?
- 11. Bristol City
- 12. Formula 1 (Australian Grand Prix)
- 13. Stuttgart
- 14. Inniscarra
- 15. Athlone
- 16. Kingspan
- 17. Millennium Stadium
- 18. Baseball Ground
- 19. Gaelic Grounds in Limerick (Kerry v Mayo replay in 2014)
- 20. Dalymount Park