1. Who won the 1990 Masters and Open Championship, becoming the first golfer since Tom Watson in 1982 to win two majors in the same year?
2. Who scored the winning goal for Spain against the Netherlands in the 2010 World Cup final?
3. Kerry beat Galway after a replay in the 2000 All-Ireland football final – which county had won the last replayed final before that?
4. In 1980, the famous ‘No Más’ saw which boxer defeat Roberto Durán to reclaim the WBC world welterweight title?
5. Which team won the NFL Super Bowl in February 2020?
6. Who won three of the four men’s tennis singles grand slam titles in 2010?
7. When did Scotland last win a Five/Six Nations Championship grand slam – 1980, 1990 or 2000?
8. Which club beat Eintracht Frankfurt 7-3 at Hampden Park in the 1960 European Cup final?
9. Due to the reduced 2020 Formula 1 season, in which country were the first two races held?
10. Which county won a first All-Ireland hurling title in 57 years in 1980?
11. The 1970 World Cup was held where?
12. Which 20-year-old, riding in the Aintree Grand National for the first time, won the 2000 race on Papillon, a horse trained by his father?
13. On Cork’s journey to win the 1990 All-Ireland hurling title, which was the only county to score three goals against them in a single game?
14. In 2010, who became the first boxer to win world titles in eight different weight divisions?
15. Which former Kildare manager joined the Cork senior football backroom team as a coach for 2010?
16. Which Kerry golf course held the Irish Open in 2000?
17. Which non-league side did Bray Wanderers beat in the 1990 FAI Cup final?
18. The 2010 All-Ireland ladies’ football title was the only one between 2005 and 2016 that Cork didn’t win – which county emerged victorious?
19. The 1950 World Cup was the only one not to feature a final, with the final four teams playing off in a group instead. Who won it?
20. Who was appointed manager of Cork City in 2010 as the club regrouped in the first division?
21. Which horse retained the Cheltenham Gold Cup in 2020?
22. Who was the Republic of Ireland’s reserve goalkeeper at Italia 90?
23. Who scored a hat-trick of goals for Tipperary in the 2010 All-Ireland hurling final?
24. Which legendary French cyclist, who won five Tours de France, claimed the first of three Giro d’Italia titles in 1980 as well as winning the world championship?
25. Which English football club won its first major trophy in 1930 as Huddersfield Town were beaten in the FA Cup final?
26. Who won the first of four straight Formula 1 World Drivers’ Championships in 2010?
27. Who did Stephen Hendry defeat to claim his first World Snooker Championship in 1990?
28. Which St Vincent’s goalkeeper captained Cork to win the 1970 All-Ireland hurling title?
29. Who was the only non-American to win a golf major in 1980?
30. Which two counties had qualified for the 2020 Allianz Hurling League final before GAA action was paused in March?
31. Which English football club won the domestic double in 2010?
32. Where did Northampton Saints defeat Munster in the 2000 Heineken Cup final?
33. Australian driver Alan Jones won the 1980 Formula 1 World Drivers’ Championship while driving for which team?
34. En route to winning the 2010 All-Ireland football title, Cork were taken to extra time in the qualifiers by which county?
35. Which former world heavyweight boxing champions died in 1970 at the age of 38?
36. In which month will the 2020 Masters Tournament take place at Augusta National Golf Club?
37. Which West Cork man retained the British Rally Championship in 2010 before going on to win two more titles?
38. Which country did Ireland beat for the first time in 17 years in the 2000 Six Nations Championship?
39. Who captained the Republic of Ireland at the 1990 World Cup?
40. When did Cork last win an All-Ireland senior camogie title in a year ending in zero – 1980, 1990, 2000 or 2010?
1. Nick Faldo 2. Andrés Iniesta 3. Meath (1988) 4. Sugar Ray Leonard 5. Kansas City Chiefs 6. Rafael Nadal 7. 1990 8. Real Madrid 9. Austria 10. Galway 11. Mexico 12. Ruby Walsh 13. Kerry 14. Manny Pacquiao 15. Cian O’Neill 16. Ballybunion 17. St Francis 18. Dublin 19. Uruguay 20. Tommy Dunne 21. Al Boum Photo 22. Gerry Peyton 23. Lar Corbett 24. Bernard Hinault 25. Arsenal 26. Sebastian Vettel 27. John Parrott 28. Paddy Barry 29. Seve Ballesteros 30. Clare and Limerick 31. Chelsea 32. Twickenham 33. Williams 34. Limerick 35. Sonny Liston 36. November 37. Keith Cronin 38. France 39. Mick McCarthy 40. 1980