1. Who managed Donegal to win the 2012 All-Ireland football title?
2. Which country knocked the Republic of Ireland out of the 2002 World Cup?
3. Which boxer won gold for Ireland at the 1992 Olympics?
4. Which county beat Cork in the All-Ireland hurling finals of 1972, 1982 and 1992?
5. Who won the 1992 Formula 1 World Drivers’ Championship and immediately moved to IndyCar racing?
6. Which country won the most medals at the 2012 Olympic Games, with 46 goals and 104 in total?
7. Wasim Akram starred for which country as they won the 1992 Cricket World Cup?
8. Which county did Cork beat in the 2002 All-Ireland camogie final, denying them a four-in-a-row?
9. Which country won the 1962 World Cup to retain the title – still the only country to have done so?
10. Ireland won the 1982 Five Nations Championship, though they lost to who?
11. Who won his third Open Championship in six years in 1992?
12. Which 33/1 shot won the 2012 Aintree Grand National?
13. The 1912 Olympic Games were held in which Scandinavian city?
14. Who won his second World Snooker Championship in 1982, a decade after his first?
15. Which Arkansas-born boxer became world heavyweight champion in 1962?
16. Which English football club finished second in the league and lost the FA Cup final in 1932?
17. Sebastian Vettel won the 2012 Formula 1 World Drivers’ Championship, beating which driver by three points?
18. Who managed Derby County won the English football league title in 1972?
19. In 1932, which county won a first Munster senior hurling title since 1914?
20. In which event did Corkwoman Orla Barry win silver at the 2012 Paralympics?
21. Which English team won the 1982 European Cup, beating Bayern Munich in the final?
22. The same two counties contested the 1922 and 1942 All-Ireland football finals, name either of them.
23. Who won the Open Championship in 2002 and 2012?
24. Who won the USA’s only boxing gold medal at the 1992 Olympics, turning professional shortly afterwards and winning world titles in six weight divisions?
25. Which Belgian cyclist won the Tour de France and the Giro d’Italia in 1972?
26. When Italy won the 1982 World Cup, which future Republic of Ireland assistant manager scored a goal in the final against West Germany?
27. Who won the women’s singles titles at Wimbledon and the Olympics in 2012?
28. Which horse won the first of three consecutive Cheltenham Gold Cups in 2002?
29. Who retained the FA Cup in 1952?
30. Which British sprinter won the men’s 100m at the 1992 Olympics?
31. Who captained Cork to a seventh All-Ireland ladies’ football title in eight years in 2012 – Rena Buckley, Norita Kelly or Bríd Stack?
32. Who won the Five Nations Championship and the grand slam in 1952?
33. Who scored the only goal as Northern Ireland beat Spain at the 1982 World Cup?
34. Who did Cork beat to win their most recent Munster senior football final in 2012?
35. In which year did golf’s European Tour commence – 1952, 1962 or 1972?
36. Who beat Stephen Hendry in the final of the 2002 World Snooker Championship?
37. Which men’s tennis player won the first of eight singles grand slam titles in 1992?
38. The 2012 All-Ireland hurling final between Kilkenny and Galway finished in a draw – when was the last time before that that a final had been replayed, 1939, 1949 or 1959?
39. Who scored the goal for Offaly to deny Kerry a fifth straight All-Ireland football title in 1982?
40. Which club retained the European Cup in 1962?