1. Who did Glen Rovers beat in the Cork SHC final at Páirc Uí Rinn?
2. The New England Patriots beat the Seattle Seahawks to win Super Bowl XLIX — in which year had they previously won it?
3. Where did Zach Johnson win the Open Championship, in a play-off with Marc Leishman and Louis Oosthuizen? Oosthuizen had won at the same venue in 2010.
4. In which Asian capital were the World Athletics Championships held?
5. Who was the manager of the team that won the Premier League?
6. Which driver won the Formula 1 Drivers’ Championship?
7. Ireland won the Six Nations Championship, but not the Grand Slam — which country beat them?
8. Which footballer was transferred for a larger fee in the summer of 2015: Raheem Sterling (Liverpool to Manchester City) or Ángel di María (Manchester United to Paris Saint-Germain)?
9. Who captained Dublin to win the Sam Maguire?
10. Who scored the winner, in his final game for Dundalk, as Cork City lost the FAI Cup final?
11. Which Dane won the Irish Open at Royal County Down?
12. Which county won the All-Ireland senior hurling title?
13. The two finalists in the European Rugby Champions Cup were from which country?
14. Who won the Cricket World Cup?
15. Nemo Rangers and Castlehaven met in the county senior football final for the second time — when was their first meeting in a decider?
16. Which female tennis player won the US Open, the only one of the four Grand Slam events not won by Serena Williams?
17. Which male golfer won two majors in 2015?
18. Which of these teams didn’t compete in Formula 1: Haas, Marussia, Red Bull, Sauber?
19. Who won the Europa League?
20. Which Corkman came fifth in the 50km walk at the World Athletics Championships?
21. Which of these counties did not reach the All-Ireland senior football semi-finals: Kerry, Mayo, Monaghan, Tyrone?
22. Dundalk won the domestic league and cup double — who were the last club to do it before the Lilywhites?
23. Nico de Boinville rode Coneygree to victory in which major horse race in 2015?
24. Manchester United signed a new kit deal with Adidas, replacing which firm?
25. Cork beat Dublin in the All-Ireland ladies’ football senior final to make it how many titles in a row?
26. Which Frenchman won the third of six straight World Rally Championships?
27. Who did New Zealand beat in the Rugby World Cup final?
28. Which county beat Cork in the quarter-finals of the All-Ireland senior hurling championship?
29. Which male tennis player won three Grand Slam events and lost the final in the other?
30. Cork drew with Kerry in the Munster SFC in Killarney, before losing the replay — when was the last time that the Rebels triumphed there?
31. Many Clouds won the Aintree Grand National. The horse’s owner has recently been linked with a takeover of Cork City FC. What is his name?
32. Which Englishman won the Tour de France?
33. With Páirc Uí Chaoimh being redeveloped, the county senior finals took place at Páirc Uí Rinn. Where had they taken place in the mid-1970s, while Páirc Uí Chaoimh was being built?
34. Name either of the sides involved in baseball’s World Series.
35. Who was captain as Cork retained the All-Ireland senior camogie title in 2015?
36. Who won the PDC World Darts Championship?
37. Arsenal retained the FA Cup — what was the last club before them to do it?
38. Who stepped down as Cork senior football manager, after the loss to Kildare?
39. Barcelona beat Juventus in the Champions League final in which city?
40. In September of 2015, which Cork town erected a statue to a local sporting star?
3. The Old Course at St Andrews
5. Jose Mourinho
6. Lewis Hamilton
8. Ángel di María, who was bought for £44.3m while Sterling’s fee was £44m
9. Stephen Cluxton
10. Richie Towell
11. Soren Kjeldsen
13. France (Toulon beat Clermont Auvergne)
16. Flavia Pennetta
17. Jordan Spieth
20. Robert Heffernan
22. Bohemians in 2008
23. Cheltenham Gold Cup
26. Sébastien Ogier
29. Novak Djokovic
31. Trevor Hemmings
32. Chris Froome
34. Kansas City Royals and New York Mets
35. Ashling Thompson
36. Michael van Gerwen
37. Chelsea in 2009 and 2010
38. Brian Cuthbert
40. Cobh, honouring Sonia O’Sullivan