Kilshannig and Harbour Rovers will meet again in Avondhu hurling final

Kilshannig and Harbour Rovers will meet again in Avondhu hurling final

Action from the Hibernian Hotel Mallow Junior A Hurling final in kildorrery.

Kilshannig 1-17 Harbour Rovers 1-17 (after extra time) 

THIS Hibernian Hotel JAHC final in Kildorrery on Saturday evening was a thriller all through. 

Throughout the first half, the sides were level on seven occasions at 0-7 each. Jack Twomey pointed a free with the Rovers levelling through a Stephen Condon free at 0-8 apiece early in the second half. 

Both sides missed some chances with Kilshannig moving 0-10 to 0-8 clear when Kieran Twomey pointed a sideline. The Glanworth side introduced Denis Gallagher who struck two marvellous points as they were tied 0-12 each at full time.

Extra time prevailed and Harbour Rovers edged ahead through Condon. Dave Pyne made it 0-14 to 0-12. 

Conor McMahon pointed for Kilshannig and they had a goal five minutes into the extra time by Cork senior footballer Killian O'Hanlon. 

Rovers replied immediately with a Padraig Hannon goal after a four-man attack as they moved 1-14 to 1-13 clear. Three good points by Condon (2) and his younger brother Peter gave the Glanworth side a comfortable lead at half time in extra time: 1-17 to 1-13.

Kilshanning thundered into the last 10 minutes. Their defence were very solid and they created a number of scoring chances as they held Harbour Rovers scoreless in this period. 

Conor Murphy and Brian Guerin were excellent in defence with Eoghan Burke also outstanding at centre-back Points by Darragh O'Sullivan and Twomey (2) cut the lead at the end of normal time in extra time to the minimum. 

A late foul out near the sideline on Twomey produced a marvellous free by Kevin O'Flynn that levelled for the 10th and last time followed by the final whistle. 

Throughout the game, Pyne was outstanding for Harbour Rovers in midfield. The replay is likely to go out for three weeks.

Scorers for Kilshannig: J Twomey 0-7 (0-4 f), K O'Hanlon 1-2, K Twomey 0-3 (0-1 sl), Diarmuid O'Sullivan 0-2, Darragh O'Sullivan, C McMahon 0-1 each, K O'Flynn 0-1 f.

Harbour Rovers: S Condon 0-8 (0-5 f), P Hannon 1-1, D Pyne 0-3, D Gallagher 0-2, P Condon 0-2, C Dennehy 0-1.

KILSHANNIG: J Quinn, C O'Shea, B Guerin, C Murphy, Darragh O'Sullivan, E Burke, B O'Shea, P Walsh, E O'Hanlon, J Kearney, K O'Hanlon, K Twomey, E O'Sullivan, J Twomey, Diarmuid O'Sullivan.

Subs: D Twomey for Diarmuid O'Sullivan, C McMahon for E O'Sullivan, T O'Sullivan for C Murphy, K O'Flynn for D Twomey, R O'Mahony for J Kearney.

HARBOUR ROVERS: D O'Sullivan, B O'Keeffe, B Gallagher, P Blackburne, S Finn, T Condon, J Coughlan, P Condon, D Pyne, S Dunne, C Dennehy, P Hannon, S Condon, S O'Riordan, J Fitzgibbon. 

Subs: E Roche for S Dunne, D Gallagher for J Fitzgibbon, J Fitzgibbon for C Dennehy.

Referee: Ciaran O'Regan (Ballyhea)

More in this section

Sponsored Content