ONE Cork punter is facing an anxious few hours tonight as they await the outcome of an Arsenal match in a bid to net a windfall of almost €250,000.
A Paddy Power punter is hoping that Arsenal can upset the odds and claim a top 4 spot to land him a windfall of €248,701.79.
The punter placed a €200 10-fold accumulator in a Cork shop last May.
Nine of the selections have landed already, with just one left to claim the top prize.
Among the bets included were England to win the Six Nations, Newcastle United to top the Championship and France to reach the final of Euro 2016.
The punter is now just waiting to see if Arsene Wenger's men can pip Liverpool or Manchester City to a top 4 place.
Having not finished outside the top 4 since 1995/96, Arsenal are now 9/2 underdogs to finish in the Champions League spots having faltered as the season went on.
With two games to play, the Gunners sit in 5th, three points behind Pep Guardiola's Manchester City and four behind Jurgen Klopp's Liverpool.
Arsenal have to win both of their remaining games to stand a chance of catching either side but, even then, they'll be relying on the others to slip up in their final games.
Arsenal take on relegated Sunderland at 7.45pm tonight in what should be a straightforward match, but one Leesider is sure to be more nervous than most.
Féilim Mac An Iomaire, spokesperson for Paddy Power, said, "Our Cork punter has had a hell of a run with his predictions but should Arsenal fail to round off his extraordinary accumulator, we imagine there'll be a few 'Wenger Out' signs popping up on Leeside."
The accumulator in full:
- 4/9 Clare to beat Limerick in the All-Ireland Senior Hurling Championship
- 6/5 Tipperary to win the Munster Senior Hurling Championship - 9/5 France to reach the final of Euro 2016
- 4/7 Argentina to win Copa America Group D
- 11/10 Dublin to win the All-Ireland Senior Football Championship
- 1/2 Cork to win League of Ireland Premier Division betting without Dundalk
- 6/5 Drogheda to win League of Ireland Division 1 betting without Limerick
- 6/5 England to win the Six Nations -
- 5/2 Newcastle to win the Championship -
- 4/6 Arsenal to finish in the top 4 of the Premier League