Mikolaj Wilk murder: File being prepared for DPP

Mikolaj Wilk murder: File being prepared for DPP
Mikolaj Wilk 

GARDAÍ are preparing a file for the Director of Public Prosecutions in relation to the murder of Mikolaj Wilk.

Six people have been arrested since January in the investigation into the brutal murder of the 35-year-old father of two.

Three were made last month, while the other three were made in January.

A garda spokesperson said that a file is now being prepared for the DPP in the wake of the arrests.

Mr Wilk received horrific injuries when he was attacked by a gang of up to four men armed with machetes, in his home at Maglin, Ballincollig on June 10. The gang burst into the house at around 3am.

He died in Cork University Hospital a short time after the attack. His wife Elzbieta received serious injuries to her hand and was treated in hospital.

She has since returned home to Poland with the couple's children, who were also in the house at the time of the attack.

An inquest into his death on June 10 opened at the Coroners Court in Cork in November and has now been adjourned while a criminal investigation is underway.

The opening of the inquest was told that the 35-year-old died from haemorrhage and shock as a result of multiple blows with a sharp weapon, associated with a traumatic brain injury.

He died shortly after the attack.

More in this section

Sponsored Content