The 19th-century Georgian house, located on the grounds of the Clayton Hotel Silver Springs, went up in flames in December 2016.
A planning application has been submitted to Cork City Council to convert the protected structure into a 21-bedroom guest property, extending the options for visitors to the Silver Springs complex.
The development will include demolition works, reinstatement of the roof, changes to existing layout and lobbies over three floors for 18 bedrooms. It will also include the refurbishment of an outbuilding to the rear of the main house into three additional guest bedrooms.
Fort William House was built around 1820 and is listed in the National Inventory of Architectural Heritage.
While additions were made to the house in the 1970s and 1980s it was noted, before the fire, for having retained many of its late-Georgian features including dressed stone details and small-pane timber sash windows.
A decision is due on the planning application by October 16.