A TEENAGER who fell ill at the Indiependence Music Festival last summer died of total organ failure with hyperthermia, due to taking ecstasy.
An inquest into the death of 19-year-old Jack Downey from Ardcaoin, Clonmel opened at Cork City Coroner's Court this morning.
The inquest was told that ingestion of morphine was also a contributory factor in his death, along with aspiration pneumonia.
The cause of death was given by assistant state pathologist Dr Margaret Bolster.
He died at Cork University Hospital on August 5, three days after becoming seriously ill at the Mitchelstown festival.
His father John identified his body at CUH, prior to an autopsy.
During this morning's brief hearing, gardaí applied for an adjournment, because a garda investigation into the death is continuing.
Cork City Coroner Philip Comyn agreed to the garda request and scheduled the inquest for mention on August 20.
Mr Downey's family were not in court for the brief hearing.