A Cork garda chief has said individuals involved in a large-scale brawl in Mount Oval at the weekend will be identified and tracked down.
Gardaí were called to the city suburb at around 8pm on Saturday night after in the region of 70 young people engaged in a violent fight.
It followed a number of incidents earlier in the evening when gardaí responded to reports of mass gatherings in Rochestown and Garryduff Woods.
The youths dispersed when members of the force arrived at the scenes.
Chief Superintendent Barry McPolin said today that gardaí are examining footage from the incident at the weekend.
Speaking to Neil Prendeville on Red Fm this morning Chief Supt McPolin said individuals involved will be identified and that gardaí will track them down.
Chief Superintendent McPolin said there will be repercussions for those involved which could include referrals to the Juvenile Detention Scheme or potential charges.
The Cork garda chief said parents also have a responsibility to know where their children are and need to ask questions if their children are coming home with evidence they may have consumed alcohol, if they may have marks on them from an assault or torn clothes.
Gardaí say they will also be taking part in proactive patrols in the area this weekend, when warm weather is expected for the bank holiday.