Three more people in Ireland with Covid-19 have died, bringing the death toll from the pandemic here to 1,738.
The National Public Health Emergency Team (NPHET) announced this evening that health authorities have also been notified of six additional confirmed cases of Covid-19.
A total of 25,477 confirmed cases of Covid-19 have been reported in Ireland since the beginning of the outbreak including at least 1,536 cases in Cork.
NPHET said the HSE is working to identify any contacts the patients may have had to provide them with information and advice to prevent further spread.
This evening Dr. Tony Holohan, Chief Medical Officer at the Department of Health, said that NPHET was continuing to advise the public against all non-essential travel.
Last month, 31 cases of Covid-19 in Ireland were associated with travel.
“The WHO has warned that the global pandemic is accelerating. In the past week, over 160,000 cases have been reported each day.
“The National Public Health Emergency Team will meet again tomorrow (Thursday 2nd July) as it continues to monitor the spread of COVID-19 nationally and internationally, and review Ireland’s response and preparedness to the disease,” Dr Holohan said.
It comes as latest HSE figures show that last night 13 people with Covid-19 were being cared for at critical care units around the country including three people across the Mercy University Hospital and Cork University Hospital.