A DOG stolen from a family in Youghal has been found in Galway.
The Jack Russell terrier was stolen on Wednesday morning from the family's home by two men.
Investigating gardaí traced the men to Galway, where a search was carried out and the missing dog was recovered.
The family was reunited with the dog yesterday.
The discovery was made as gardaí issued a nationwide warning to dog owners to be careful with their pets because of a recent spate of dog thefts.
There have been a number of dogs stolen in recent weeks across Cork county.
A file will now be prepared for the Director of Public Prosecutions in relation to the Youghal theft.
- Immediately report the theft to Gardaí.
- Report the loss to your local authority, your vet and your dog’s microchip company.
- Spread the word on social media – post clear photos and detailed descriptions both on your profile and any other groups and pages you are connected with and encourage people to share quickly.
- Create posters and flyers, distribute these around your local community. Check your insurance policy, it might be able to cover some of these costs.
- Report the theft on as many missing animal websites as you can and keep an eye out on social media and selling pages.