One of the young Cork men allegedly involved in a feud and making a Facebook death threat to cut another man into pieces had his case adjourned yesterday until July 6.
Sergeant Gearóid Davis said directions were awaited from the Director of Public Prosecutions in the case.
Judge Olann Kelleher adjourned the case for a four weeks to allow time for DPP directions.
James McCarthy, 33, of bay 8, halting site, Spring Lane, Cork, appeared in person yesterday and was represented by Thomas Coughlan, solicitor.
A co-accused allegedly on the opposing side of the feud previously had his case adjourned.
It was alleged at the initial application for bail made by McCarthy at the district court that he a video on his Facebook page showed him allegedly making a threat directed at a party on the other side of the dispute.
McCarthy is charged with making a threat to kill or seriously injure another man on April 6.
Detective Garda John Gleeson said it was alleged that McCarthy said on the video, “I will get you. I will cut you from head to toe. I will cut you in pieces. I will cut you in bits.”
Det. Garda Pat Barry said there was an escalating feud between the families that had in recent weeks seen a pipe bomb thrown at a house and a gunshot fired at a house.