Sixty-six new cases of Covid-19 were reported on Sunday, the Department of Health has revealed.
No further deaths were reported as the total number of confirmed cases in Ireland rose to 27,257.
Of the cases notified on Sunday, 34 are men and 29 are women with 67% under 45 years of age.
Twelve cases are associated with outbreaks or are close contacts of a confirmed case, while three further cases have been identified as community transmission.
Kildare again recorded the highest number of new cases with 21.
Meanwhile, Dublin has 16 new cases, Limerick has six and the rest of the 23 are spread out among Clare, Donegal, Laois, Louth, Meath, Monaghan, Offaly, Roscommon, Sligo, Tipperary and Wicklow.
The National Public Health Emergency Team (NPHET) will meet on Monday to review the case figures that have been reported in recent days.
Acting Chief Medical Officer Dr Ronan Glynn said the team “will make any necessary recommendations to Government which are required to protect the vulnerable, continue with the resumption of healthcare services and ensure the safe reopening of our schools.”
He said some are using the phased reopening of the country to socialise “recklessly”, adding they are “undermining the efforts of the majority of people around the country who are following public health advice”.
“This cannot continue,” he added.
“This pandemic isn’t over just because we are tired of living with it.
“We must all learn to behave and interact in a new way over the coming months so that Covid-19 cannot take root again in our communities.
“Please avoid crowds, reduce your social contacts, keep your distance from others, wash your hands and wear face coverings.” It was revealed on Saturday that 200 new cases of Covid-19 had been reported across Ireland, the highest daily total since May.
On Sunday, Taoiseach Micheál Martin said he had discussed the "evolving situation" with Tánaiste Leo Varadkar, Green Party leader Eamon Ryan, Minister for Health Stephen Donnelly and Acting Chief Medical Officer Dr Ronan Glynn.
The Taoiseach described the number of new cases in recent days as deeply concerning.
“This morning I discussed the evolving situation with the Tánaiste, Green Party leader, health minister and acting CMO,” he posted on Twitter.
The Government and the National Public Health Emergency Team (NPHET) will continue to monitor the situation closely.” Meanwhile, new updated figures from the Covid-19 hub have revealed the number of cases in towns, villages and local areas across Cork and Ireland.
The figures show that, of the 1,592 cases in Cork, many are located in Cork city with a handful of cases reported in areas like Shandon, Pouladuff, Glasheen and Gurranabraher.
Around 40 cases were reported in Bishopstown along with 36 in Douglas and 25 in Knockrea.
Suburbs on the outside of Cork city also experienced relatively high numbers of cases, compared to other areas of the Rebel County.
Ballincollig has recorded 61 cases of Covid-19 while Carrigaline recorded 32 and 22 cases have been reported in Cobh.
North Cork was among the worst affected areas in Cork, with almost 200 cases reported in Fermoy along with 26 in Glanmire and 23 in Rathcormac.
In West Cork meanwhile, 50 cases have been reported in Clonakilty, 46 in Macroom along with a handful of cases in areas like Bantry, Skibbereen and Glengarriff.
The latest figures also reveal that Cork experienced a spike in cases during the month of April, when the number of cases rose from almost 300 to more than 1,100.
Cases in Cork surpassed the 1,500 mark in May this year but as things stand, the figures are yet to go above 1,600.