A new post office is set to open in Midleton on Monday, An Post has confirmed.
The post office will operate out of 59 Main Street, just a short distance from the original post office in the town which was gutted by a fire last month.
The post office is run by a member of the Moran family.
Angus Laverty Public Affairs Manager at An Post said that normal service will resume for the people of Midleton on Monday morning when the local post office re-opens at a new location.
"On August 12 last a fire destroyed the former post office premises at 82 Main Street.
"At the time Postmaster Jessie Moran and An Post promised to restore services as quickly as possible.
"Now, on Monday next, September 7, Midleton post office re-opens at a new location at 59 Main Street just a short distance from the original.
"Customers who had been catered for at post offices in Castlemartyr and Carrigtwohill will be transferred back to Midleton in time for opening at 9am on Monday morning," he said.
"An Post would like to thank its customers in Midleton for their patience and pay tribute to Postmaster Jessie Moran for her commitment to restoring the local service.
"Looking forward to welcoming all our customers back to Midleton post office on Monday morning.
"Opening hours are Monday to Friday 9am to 5:30pm and Saturday from 9am until 1pm," Mr Laverty continued.
The announcement was welcomed by Sinn Féin TD Pat Buckley who said it was "great news" for the town.
Deputy Buckley had previously praised the post office on Main Street as a "massive cog in the wheel of East Cork and especially in Midleton and Cloyne, Ballycotton, Shanagarry and so on".
He also praised the "swift response" from An Post in restoring the vital service.
Fine Gael Councillor Susan McCarthy echoed this sentiment.
"This is great news that the postal service is to resume right in the centre of Midleton, which will be a great relief to all its customers.
"I'd especially like to wish Jessie Moran and all the staff all the very best as they bring back this vital service at their new location," she told.
The blaze on August 12 broke out at approximately 1:30am.
It was extinguished by local fire services and no injuries were reported although there was extensive damage to the premises.
It is not yet known how the fire started, but Gardaí say the cause of the fire is understood to have been accidental and no foul play is suspected.