From midnight, every county in the country will be placed on Level 3 under the Plan for Living with Covid-19.
It means a number of restrictions will come into effect here in Cork and elsewhere tonight.
These restrictions will remain in effect for three weeks until October 27th.
- Visitors to private homes and gardens should be limited to a maximum number of 6 from one other household.
- No social/family gatherings should take place, with exemptions for weddings and funerals
- No organised indoor gatherings should take place. Organised outdoor gatherings are permitted, up to a maximum of 15 people.
- People should remain in their county (i.e. they must not leave to travel either domestically or internationally), with the exception of those who must travel for work, education and other essential purposes.
- People are asked to work from home unless absolutely necessary.
- Schools, Early Learning and Childcare services should remain open. Adult and Higher Education Institutions should remain open, but are asked to review protective measures and take steps to limit congregation as much as possible.
- People are asked to walk or cycle where possible so that public transport is available for use by essential workers and for essential work only.