portal_normal EE STRUCTURE orgcat: /PUBLICATIONS/EE-ECHO/NEWS

portal_normal PUBLICATION STRUCTURE cat: /publications/ee-echo/news

portal_normal CATEGORY STRUCTURE category: /PUBLICATIONS/EE-ECHO/NEWS

portal_normal STRUCTURE section: corknews

portal_normal getURLCurrent: /web/eveningecho/corknews/detailedstory?p_p_id=DetailedStory_WAR_portalsuite&p_p_lifecycle=0&_DetailedStory_WAR_portalsuite_arg_detailstory_uuid=9e908583-01da-4d27-b81a-3604b06cee66

portal_normal getPortalURL getURLCurrent: http://www.echolive.ie./web/eveningecho/corknews/detailedstory?p_p_id=DetailedStory_WAR_portalsuite&p_p_lifecycle=0&_DetailedStory_WAR_portalsuite_arg_detailstory_uuid=9e908583-01da-4d27-b81a-3604b06cee66

portal_normal getPortalURL: http://www.echolive.ie

portal_normal domain: http://www.echolive.ie

STRUCTURE EE_062016_general_layout.tpl - url: /corknews/Mikolaj-Wilk-murder-File-being-prepared-for-DPP-9e908583-01da-4d27-b81a-3604b06cee66-ds

STRUCTURE EE_062016_general_layout.tpl - section: corknews

STRUCTURE EE_062016_general_layout.tpl - orgcat: orgcat = /PUBLICATIONS/EE-ECHO/NEWS

Mikolaj Wilk 
Mikolaj Wilk 
SOCIAL BOOKMARKS

Mikolaj Wilk murder: File being prepared for DPP

GARDAÍ are preparing a file for the Director of Public Prosecutions in relation to the murder of Mikolaj Wilk.

Six people have been arrested since January in the investigation into the brutal murder of the 35-year-old father of two.

Three were made last month, while the other three were made in January.

A garda spokesperson said that a file is now being prepared for the DPP in the wake of the arrests.

Mr Wilk received horrific injuries when he was attacked by a gang of up to four men armed with machetes, in his home at Maglin, Ballincollig on June 10. The gang burst into the house at around 3am.

He died in Cork University Hospital a short time after the attack. His wife Elzbieta received serious injuries to her hand and was treated in hospital.

She has since returned home to Poland with the couple's children, who were also in the house at the time of the attack.

An inquest into his death on June 10 opened at the Coroners Court in Cork in November and has now been adjourned while a criminal investigation is underway.

The opening of the inquest was told that the 35-year-old died from haemorrhage and shock as a result of multiple blows with a sharp weapon, associated with a traumatic brain injury.

He died shortly after the attack.