There are so many delicious summer fruits available at the moment at very reasonable prices — so it is the perfect time to make some fruit crumble. This crumble made with peaches or nectarines, cherries, plums and raspberries is made using gluten free granola and is light and delicious. Full of fruit juices, delicious with ice cream, natural yogurt or traditional egg custard.
125gr gluten free granola with nuts
75gr ground almonds
50gr soft light brown sugar
50gr cold butter diced
35 gr toasted flaked almonds (cooled)
- Rub all the ingredients together until it is crumbly and the butter, almond and sugar have combined
170 g peaches or nectarines
100 gr stoned cherries
100 gr plums
125 gr raspberries
1 tbsp. icing sugar (optional)
1 tsp. corn flour (optional)
- Cut around the peach stones with a small sharp knife and remove each half with a gentle twist.
- Cut the flesh into chunks — six to eight pieces per half.
- Do the same with the plums perhaps four pieces per half.
- I like to leave the cherries whole but pitted.
- Leave the raspberries whole.
- Heat the oven to 170C.
- I simply tossed all the fruit together, but you may like to sift together a tablespoon of icing sugar mixed with a tsp. of corn flour — this will help keep the juices saucy.
- Place the fruit into an 8 to 10 inch round shallow dish.
- Top with a generous layer of crumble then bake in a preheated oven until the crumble is golden but the fruits are soft and releasing their juices. This could take 40 to 50 minutes.
- If the top is getting too dark cover with foil for some of the cooking time but remove again at the end to add a little crisp if necessary.
1 vanilla pod
280 ml of milk
4 free range egg yolk
35 gr-caster sugar
- Infuse the milk before making the crumble (this will give it plenty time to infuse and gain flavour.).
- Split the vanilla pod length ways and scrape out the seeds. Place the used pod and seeds into the milk. Bring to the boil and then turn off and allow to infuse for an hour or more.
- Whisk the sugar and yolks in a bowl.
- Reheat the milk to not quiet boiling, then strain through a sieve onto the egg yolk mixture.
- Return to a clean saucepan and place over a low heat. Stir continually until it thickens, that is when it visible coats the back of a spoon. (If it boils the egg yolks in it will curdle, so don’t be tempted to cook over full heat.)
- Pass through a fine strainer and serve over the warm crumble. And enjoy!
- If you want to contact Mercy email email@example.com