Carrot & Peanut Flapjacks
270gr cups oats, uncooked
130g finely chopped blanched peanuts
120gr packed brown sugar
120 gr chopped figs
150 gr butter, melted
100gr finely grated carrot
1 small egg beaten
- Preheat oven to 175 C.
- Line an swiss roll tin 23 x 33cm (9 x 13 inches) with baking parchment.
- Put the peanuts and some oats in a food processor and process until the peauts are quite fine. Remove and scrape into a bowl.
- Put the figs into a food processor and process until they are finely chopped.
- Add some oats to the figs and give a quick pulse.
- Finally combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Firmly press onto bottom and sides of the lined tin.
- Bake in oven for about 18 to 20 minutes or until golden brown; let cool.
- Remove and cut into 15 pieces. Leave in the tin until cold. Store in an airtight container.