The naan bread is a really nice one for the kids to roll and cook, and who wouldn’t love this with their curry?
120ml warm water
2 tsp instant fast action yeast
1 tsp sugar
3 tbsp olive oil
80gr natural yogurt
½ tsp salt
300gr plain Flour
2 tsp onion seeds (optional)
2 tbsp butter
2 tsp crushed garlic
1 tsp finely chopped garlic
- In a jug, mix together the water, yeast and sugar and leave for 5 minutes.
- Then add the yogurt, and olive oil.
- Weigh the flour, onion seeds and salt into the bowl of an electric mixer, then add all the liquid and start at low speed with the dough hook attached.
- Once the mix starts to come together. turn up the speed and allow to knead for 5 to 6 minutes.
- Turn out onto a lightly floured table, then knead lightly if necessary and shape into a smooth ball.
- Return to the bowl and cover, leave in a warm place to prove and double in size.
- Meanwhile, mix together the ingredients for the garlic butter.
- About 1 hour later, when the dough has doubled in size, knock it back and divide into 10 pieces.
- Shape into balls, then roll out, using flour if necessary, into ovals as thin as possible.
- Heat a heavy pan or skillet and then cook on each side for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Keep warm whilst finishing the cooking.
- Once all the breads are cooked, brush lightly with garlic butter and flash under the grill for 30 seconds or so. Enjoy with a good curry or Dahl.