This zingy Lemon Possett - an old nursery dessert - has been given a place among elite summer desserts nowadays!
Serve the possett with buttery shortbread or dessert biscuits of choice, with some fresh Irish strawberries on top.
- Place cream and sugar in a pan and stir over medium heat until sugar has dissolved.
- Bring to bubbling and bubble for a couple of minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice and zest.
- Cool slightly then spoon into serving glasses and cool completely.
- Chill for a couple of hours or until set.
- Serve with shortbread or dessert biscuits and fresh strawberries.