With the lifting of some lockdown restrictions approaches fast, it feels like we might actually get our lives back, eventually! In the meantime, I’m making the most of the days at home and especially in the garden when the weather is good.
Ingredients (Serves 4)
8 fresh free range eggs
2 good handfuls fresh rocket leaves, rinsed and dried
4 ripe tomatoes, chopped
4 spring onions, trimmed and sliced
For the dressing:
3 tbsp mayonnaise
2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
Few drops Tabasco sauce (to taste)
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Hard boil the eggs then cool down by running under cold water. Crack shells and carefully peel.
- Quarter eggs and place in a bowl. Add rocket, tomatoes and spring onion.
- Mix mayonnaise with sweet chilli sauce and Tabasco. Season and stir.
- Spoon some dressing over the salad and toss gently through to coat lightly.
- Toast the bread. Arrange on warmed plates.
- Spoon salad over bread and serve remaining mayonnaise on the side.
Free range eggs half dozen €2.20
Spring Onions bunch 49c
Mayonnaise 400g €2.00 (special offer)
Sweet Chilli Sauce 500mls €2.79
Tabasco Sauce 60mls €2.09