3 large free-range eggs
200gr granulated sugar
60gr butter at room temperature
125gr sour cream
60ml sunflower oil
1 tbsp lemon juice
2 tsp. baking powder
256 gr cream flour, sifted
60gr sliced almonds
224gr cream cheese
45gr caster sugar
1tsp almond essence
- Butter the base and sides of a 10 inch spring form tin.
- Line the base of a with a disk of parchment paper.
- Pre heat the oven to 170 C.
- In a bowl combine sugar, almond essence and cream cheese, mix until smooth and set aside.
- Beat the sugar, and softened butter in the bowl of an electric mixer with the spade attachment.
- Add the eggs and beat well.
- In another bowl, weigh out the sour cream, oil, and lemon juice, mix well with a hand whisk.
- Add the sour cream mixture to the egg mixture and beat for a minute or two.
- Sift together the flour and baking powder.
- Add half of the flour, to the batter and mix well.
- Then add the remaining flour and mix again.
- Scrape about 3/4 of the cake batter into the spring form pan, spreading evenly.
- Add cream cheese layer by spooning small amounts all over the batter layer then spreading gently with a small step palette or the back of a spoon.
- Add roughly half the fruit pushing them down into the cream cheese layer.
- Add remaining batter into the pan, spread evenly.
- Scatter the sliced almonds over cake, add remaining raspberries pushing them in gently.
- Bake 40-50 minutes until golden and firm on top, check by inserting a skewer into the centre, it should come out clean. If the top starts to get a bit too dark cover with foil to finish cooking.