150g self raising flour
2 tbsp cocoa powder
1 good tsp baking powder
1-2tbsp sugar, to taste
1 large fresh free range egg
1 tsp coffee essence (optional)
1 tbsp melted butter
For the filling:
4 tbsp cherry conserve
1 tbsp liqueur of choice (optional)
225mls cream, whipped
150g fresh cherries, rinsed and dried
50g dark chocolate, melted, to finish
- Sift flour, cocoa powder, and baking powder into a bowl and make a well in the centre. Stir in sugar.
- Add egg, coffee essence and a little milk from the measure.
- Start to whisk together. Gradually add remaining milk to make a thickish batter.
- Stir in melted butter.
- Mix the cherry conserve with liquor of choice if using. Reserve.
- Halve and stone cherries, reserving a few on the stalks for decoration Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat and brush lightly with oil.
- Using a tablespoon, drop spoonfuls of mix onto pan to make small circles, spacing well apart.
- When the surface starts to bubble and pancakes are puffing up, flip to cook other sides.
- Slide out onto a warm plate and cover with film Keep warm whilst making remaining pancakes.
- Whip cream thick.
- Layer pancakes with cherry conserve, fresh cherries and whipped cream.
- Finish with whole cherries and melted chocolate drizzled over.