IT will soon be the season of mists and mellow fruitfulness. That time of year when the bounty of the harvest is celebrated with gusto.
Ingredients (serves 4)
20-24 good sized flat mushrooms
75g butter, melted
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
100g Cashel blue cheese, crumbled
Rocket to serve
- Wipe mushrooms and trim stalks.
- Arrange them on a large baking tray lined with baking parchment.
- Brush generously with melted butter and season.
- Cover with foil and bake at Gas 4 350F 180C for about 15 minutes or until tender.
- For the sauce, heat the cream in a pan. Crumble the cheese. Reserve some for finishing the plates, then stir the remaining cheese into the cream to melt. Season.
- To serve, arrange the mushrooms on warmed plates with the gill sides upwards.
- Spoon a little sauce into each mushroom and top with rocket.